Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
That's better than sheet metal screws just holding it in by threads. I would still want to reinforce the area. I guess I will remove the tail light and see what's going on back there.
Can't get to that area from the taillight, HOWEVER.... take off the interior trim panel and you can get behind there. I used folding tie downs from a 4Runner and #12 sheet metal screws to anchor them in. You can reuse one of the existing holes that the folding buttons used.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So...I've always kept a heavy rubber bungee from that plastic loop ➰ to the back of the rear seat latch and kept bike gear hanging off it like gloves jersey helmet, etc. on one side and the other I have a camp chair slid behind it.

The plastic just unplugged itself from the side and I'm wondering what the size bolt would be to thread in that hole so I could maybe mount a hammock style wall cleat to it.

Anyone know how to take the guess work out?

·
Registered
525 Posts
So...I've always kept a heavy rubber bungee from that plastic loop ➰ to the back of the rear seat latch and kept bike gear hanging off it like gloves jersey helmet, etc. on one side and the other I have a camp chair slid behind it.

The plastic just unplugged itself from the side and I'm wondering what the size bolt would be to thread in that hole so I could maybe mount a hammock style wall cleat to it.

Anyone know how to take the guess work out?
Get a handful of bolts and try to thread them in?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Measured the hole. 3/16 wide. I assume a tight thread will be best so I'll do just that at the Ace Hardware. Couldn't find the d style angled cleat I was looking for at Home Depot though.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
435 Posts
The OEM cargo hooks are useless for securing heavy gear as detailed above. Has anyone tried replacement hooks using the original hole used by the OEM hooks?

Vehicle Car Fixture Vehicle door Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Output device Synthetic rubber Camera accessory Rim
Rim Camera accessory Output device Automotive wheel system Audio equipment
Household hardware Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Automotive wheel system
White Audio equipment Font Material property Auto part
Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Nail

141 - 150 of 150 Posts