Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Sooo....to the OP: This, as already stated by everyone, is a terrific idea.

My question is: How'd you go about mounting the fire extinguisher in your original post?
Thanks.

I just used zipties to hold the mounting bracket to the open vent slits in the recess in the side.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The built in ones aren't tie downs. They are made to install the Nissan cargo net -- basically a (useful) grocery bag holder. All my Nissans use the exact same net.

Great mod.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Shameless plug to put this thread back on top for folks looking.

I just finished this weekend. Painted them to match (yea, I know. The paint will last all of 2 seconds, but it looked great when I put them in!). Great 10 minute upgrade.

Yea...decided to mount a bottle opener while i was at it.

·
TNX Realm Noobie
27 Posts
These are awesome. Did this yesterday with some self-drilling screws. 2 in the same location as the factory ‘net holders’ 2 slightly lower I will post a photo later, should be a great height for a cooler or some of the Reliance water jugs in the rear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
These are awesome. Did this yesterday with some self-drilling screws. 2 in the same location as the factory ‘net holders’ 2 slightly lower I will post a photo later, should be a great height for a cooler or some of the Reliance water jugs in the rear.
Do you have pics of your setup?

Thanx

·
Registered
18 Posts
For anyone in the future reading through this thread, if you decide to also add the "lower" tie downs, meaning the ones placed beneath the others that replaced the original crappy plastic ones, just know that the sheet metal behind the plastic curves in sooner than the plastic would lead you to believe. So, when drilling your holes, try and do it closer to the hatch as opposed to closer to the front of the vehicle. I went too close to the front and ended up drilling into curved sheet metal which broke several drill bits before I was able to finally make a hole and screw into it.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts