Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 2007 Xterra here with Volant intake. I took off and discarded my front wheel liners without thinking about dirt entering the air box, I know, stoopid me...

Someone has a cheap mod to protect my air box, please ?

·
Registered
'06 Off Road
151 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Hello, 2007 Xterra here with Volant intake. I took off and discarded my front wheel liners without thinking about dirt entering the air box, I know, stoopid me...

Someone has a cheap mod to protect my air box, please ?
Why not put the inner fenders back on? If you don't have them you can score them for cheap at a junkyard. I picked up a pair of front inners for $20 since mine didn't come with any.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not put the inner fenders back on? If you don't have them you can score them for cheap at a junkyard. I picked up a pair of front inners for $20 since mine didn't come with any.
Because... I am not very handy (physically) and taking off the fenders in a junk yard would require me paying someone to do it, as I did to take them off my X... Plugging the hole with a net or just installing a pre filter on the filter is more up my alley... and my physical capacities :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Because... I am not very handy (physically) and taking off the fenders in a junk yard would require me paying someone to do it, as I did to take them off my X... Plugging the hole with a net or just installing a pre filter on the filter is more up my alley... and my physical capacities :D
You don't take off the fenders to get the fender liners off. a few screws, a couple of buttons and out they come.

·
Registered
252 Posts
So you dont have the ability to turn a screwdriver or use pliers or sit on a chair while doing either, because thats all it takes. Maybe your over thinking it. IF you really cant, sorry bud that sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts