Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my stickers from Dan last week and just tried to put them on.

Now I have put on only 2 decal in my life. They both went very smooth.
Here is my process:
1. Windex the glass.
2. Rubbing alcohol the glass.
3. Spray the glass with warm slightly soapy water.
4. Remove paper backing from decal.
5. Apply decal to warm soapy glass and slide into position.
6. Smooth out with a credit card.
7. Then slowly and evenly pull back translucent cover leaving shiny decal in place.

Now this process worked great twice.
Today, :pukeright: , horrible. The decal would not seperate from the translucent cover. I ended up destroying one of my decals in the process of trying to pry it from the clear cover. Needless to say I'm slightly annoyed. :angry5:

The only thing that I can think of that might have caused a problem is the temperature. It was about 47 degrees outside when I tried this.

Was I doing it right and just being an idiot for trying to do it in the cold or is my whole process wrong?

·
on line
2,070 Posts
I pretty sure you can not do decals at that temp!
Also this the letter decals i don't use water.
I just line it up and lay it straight on the clean glass.
________
Fchv

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Yeah that temp will cause them to not stick to the glass. The best thing to do if you are trying to get them on at that temp is after you put them on the window make a fist with your hand and then rub vigously over the letters for a couple of seconds. This will heat up the stickers, glass and your hand, allowing the stickers to stick to the glass. If you don't want to burn your hand from rubbing across the clear plastic before taking it off then throw on a thick glove and then rub that across them.

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BoonDox said:
I pretty sure you can not do decals at that temp!
Also this the letter decals i don't use water.
I just line it up and lay it straight on the clean glass.
So I don't need any water at all?
Just line it up and press it on like a sticker?
What is the ideal temp to put on decals?

·
Read Only
656 Posts
js479 said:
What is the ideal temp to put on decals?
Not sure what kind of decal you are using: Inside the window, or Outside the window. On interior glass decals, I always spray some Windex on the glass (after cleaning it), just prior to sticking the decal to the glass. This way you can slide the decal around until it is centered/straight. Check alignment from outside. Squeegee air bubbles and liquid away w/ credit card, check alignment again and allow to dry. Clean w/ Windex again to remove any stickum that slid around on glass.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
JS wrote:
these are just regular ole sticky stickers... no water, windex, etc needed. Just stick'em on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts