Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
During the day, they blink in unison with the front Signal Lights, and with the Headlights in Parking Mode, or on, they Blink alternately.
Is it possible to get a wiring diagram for this MOD? I don't understand how it works or exactly how to accomplish it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Someone speakup if this is wrong:

One of my running light bulbs is burnt out so this should be a good mod to do while I'm in there.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Someone speakup if this is wrong:One of my running light bulbs is burnt out so this should be a good mod to do while I'm in there.
I think you have what the OP did for this mod correct with the green wire being the turn signal light and it's connected to the ground wire of the sidemarker. Basically what he's doing is removing the ground wire from the sidemarker and connecting it to a power source, so the sidemarker bulb now has two power inputs and no ground. When the turn signals are activated the sidemarker will light up opposite from the main turn signal which means what this mod is actually doing is disabling the sidemarker when the signals are on. Since there's no power in the turn signal wire when they aren't on the sidemarker uses it as a ground and lights up when they are off.

I'm not sure how I feel about how this particular mod is configured, I know ppl have done it already without problems but I don't like the idea of using a wire coming from the BCM as a ground given how important/expensive to replace it is without at least using a diode to stop the current backflow. Anyway here are the full diagrams from the FSM where you can see the full routing for the front lamps:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts