Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted relocate the trailer light socket and cut off the bracket and then have the whole hitch sand blasted and powder coated, what would something like that cost? I know its probably not worth it seeing as I'll just scratch the hell out of it wheeling, but I got my sliders powder coated why no the hitch?

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Probably more than a new hitch would cost. $100-200 would be my guess. Spraying the hitch would be easy, but they will get you for all the set-up time. We get a little bit of powdercoating done out of house at my work, and it always surprises me how much it is. I'd say just cut the bracket off and touch it up with a little paint; that is what I did.

·
on line
191 Posts
Depends on the place, I had a hitch done on my Pathfinder for 60 bucks.

Being that you are in Texas, I bet you could get it done pretty cheap, All those refineries and Oil Rigs do a lot of Powder Coating.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
We have a place here in houston that does powdercoating (well we have lots of places but i am talking about one in particular). I talked to them and they can do small jobs and such. I havent gotten anything coated from them yet but the guys on the phone seemed real helpful and they said they can give good prices.

let me know if you are interested. . . although im pretty sure you want to keep it local.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
a piece the size of a tow hitch should run no more than $130.. maybe even closer to $90 if you know someone..

·
on line
191 Posts
They usually look at what you have, stick their thumb up infront of it and fire off a price, it's pretty much how much they like you. It is unlikely they have a chart that says "towhitch - 100.00"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts