Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have lots of pictures lol . I bought it with 33s, but I took the bumper off and and the roof rack , added the antenna , I'm just stuck between returning my new shocks so I can get a bigger lift later , or just leaving the shocks and lifting only the front end 3" will keeping the back 1.5" ? If that's possible. Also a body lift won't affect the length needed for my shocks will it ? I could technically body lift it 2" afterwards with no problems?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ive seen that P&P grill in person. Not a fan of it. Some folks on here, including myself have modified the stock grill with aluminum mesh and other means. Turns out good, if you take your time with it.

Pic outside the P&P Engineering shop, the day I got my sliders from them. Had them hold up a light bar mount, to get a visual. Good group of guys, Tony of Hep's Designs on the left, Jeff of P&P on the right:

A more recent pic of the grill, glaring at my soon to be installed Ridge Grapplers lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So do you just cut out the entire inside of the grill and line it with mesh ?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I second, or third, not sure what we are on now with going with a good 33. They are more reasonable for a DD tire but you can still wheel the hell out of them. Do what you want as it is you vehicle, but these guys on here live, eat and breathe X's and know they're ****. I would LOVE to do 35's and they'd fit my X with the mods done but they're just not needed for my type of driving/over landing and then like others have accounted for the cost, time of gearing, trimming, etc.. adds up quick, real quick. Your on a good move with your X with the wheels/tire. I'd get a nice bumper and then figure out from there what you're really after. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I second, or third, not sure what we are on now with going with a good 33. They are more reasonable for a DD tire but you can still wheel the hell out of them. Do what you want as it is you vehicle, but these guys on here live, eat and breathe X's and know they're ****. I would LOVE to do 35's and they'd fit my X with the mods done but they're just not needed for my type of driving/over landing and then like others have accounted for the cost, time of gearing, trimming, etc.. adds up quick, real quick. Your on a good move with your X with the wheels/tire. I'd get a nice bumper and then figure out from there what you're really after. :)
I'm trying to get a bumper fabbed up here cause I was looking into Dezert Runner Offroads pre runner bumper but it's 350$USD Plus 900$CAD shipping ... So I'll getting one made instead , the only reason I'm looking I to suspension is because I was forced to replace my rear leafs. So 8 thought if I'm doing half the suspension I might as well do it all . I never thought 35s would be such a hassle

·
Registered
369 Posts
So do you just cut out the entire inside of the grill and line it with mesh ?

For the most part, yes. The stock grills are a two piece design. The front fascia and the inner honeycomb plastic. You have to cut out the honeycomb and either epoxy or bolt/fasten whatever grill material goes in its place. I'll see if I can find a link to the thread where I posted a little bit about my process.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll 6th or 7th that, lol, you might just stick with 33s @XXXTERRAYYC. Stock gearing and 33s are more than adequate for a large majority of off road ventures. There is a guy in our local group who wheeled a 2WD X with Hankook 33s and kept up with Titan swapped rigs, at this years WENT Windrock event. Not that it was easy, but just that it can be done. You'll find that its normal to underestimate our rigs - even at stock specs. Our Xterras are quite capable. And that's the fun of it, getting looks from other Jeep/Yota boys thinking "the heck is that guy doing with a Nissan". I LOVE IT.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts