Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting around 300 miles per tank with city driving... what are you guys getting?

·
on line
631 Posts
270-300 city/highway. im jealous cuz you get it all city!

did you notice a difference with the 2* timing adjustment gas mileage wise??

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i seem to get better gas mileage but it could all be in my head. But i do feel more pep for sure.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I only go to about 270 miles, then the gauge looks low but the light never comes on and I fill up and I can only put in a little more than 15 gallons.

I guess my gauge wants to make sure I never run out of gas.

·
on line
45 Posts
Yeah, same here for the most part: 265-280, and the needle is really low. I average around 14.8-16.5 city and highway combined. The milage went down 2 miles when I put on the 265/75 16's BFG AT's. I wish the X had a greater cruising range between fill-ups.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
wow. im getting about 230 average with all city. but i may use a lil too much throttle some times.... i have a scanguage, but it doesn't seem to want to calibrate correctly. any tips/help?

·
on line
331 Posts
340ish on 17 gallons 50/50 city highway

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
x67934 said:
340ish on 17 gallons 50/50 city highway
Dang whats your secret? Less led on the foot.

·
on line
331 Posts
easy on the gas, use cruise, and buy a K&N

·
on line
631 Posts
willgr1 said:
i use around 18-19 gallons usually, gets me between 320-350 miles
wow! i guess the gas here in northern Utah really sucks.

·
on line
384 Posts
125inA30zone said:
wow. im getting about 230 average with all city. but i may use a lil too much throttle some times.... i have a scanguage, but it doesn't seem to want to calibrate correctly. any tips/help?
Mine took a couple of sessions to get dialed in. I just followed the manual, filled up at the same pump and made slight adjustments to the ScanGuage each fill-up. Now it seems to be pretty close most of the time.

I am headed to Moab (among other places) in May, so I should really get a good feel for gas mileage on the open road.

In regard to gas, I just filled up this morning and put about 16 gallons in and that was after about 280 miles. That is a combo of city & highway (mostly city) and this is usually about what I get on a normal fill-up.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
On winter blend I was getting about 200 miles out of a 17 gallon fillup (~12mpg). This is a mix of city and highway driving.

·
on line
29 Posts
When my X was stock - 17 MPG
After exhaust/air filter - 17.5 MPG
After BFG AT's, using a 3.7% tire factor - 16.9 MPG
All in town driving.

I'm going to Moab next week (about 325 miles), and will check the highway mileage.

·
on line
623 Posts
..just getting back from a 1,000 mile roundtrip from Toronto.......loved the entire drive...don't see many yellow SUVs up in Canada.. well i was averaging aboot 18-20 hwy... not too bad, eh? :geek:
________
Xiomara cam

·
on line
631 Posts
Buzzard said:
I'm going to Moab next week (about 325 miles), and will check the highway mileage.
How long are you going to be there? We are heading down from the 22-27. two vehicles already ditched out on us.... maybe i'll see ya there!

·
on line
39 Posts
Wow, I know this is really gonna make some guys mad, but I have to take this chance to brag...I average about 19-19.5 mpg which means I'm getting a little over 400 miles per tank!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts