Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know how long is your rear bilsteins for applications for 2-4" lifts. I will post mine when i get a few numbers. I know stock is 20" center if eye to eye
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
698 Posts
Part numbers read 24" eye to eye. I've got 21" eye to eye at ride height.

With the Deavers and the shackles at their max, these shocks I do not believe to be long enough, which is what probably caused them to blow on mine. But, I have a Frontier so things are a little different there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What's the actual model number on the shock? Is it BE5-6253-H5? If it is, your measurements are correct and it's an 8.5" travel shock. If you're lift is on the low end of the 2-4" spectrum then you'll be OK.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear is set at 3". Only needed to push the shock in about 1/2" up to install it back on the lowest mount. Thats y i ask how long are they.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
698 Posts
If that's the case you have 1/2" of down travel in the shock. Me thinks that's not quite right. Where did you buy the shocks? If purchased from PRG, call Greg back and talk with him.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought from nisstec. There usually good with returning emails but i think they hate me already lol. But yah i thought thats not enough down travel. Can anyone chime in if you have 2-4" bilsteins
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts