Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone - Trying to see of I can fix the Lower bumper cosmetically and need to remove it. As you can see the previous owner decided to drill a few holes to place the license plate to the front (he/she did not have an eye for a level position). So 2 questions - Can someone guide me in removing it? And,
Grille Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
is there a way to fill in the holes? Then I'd repaint it. Looks like the previous owner used some sort of grey primer on it...Thanks!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
IIRC... you have to take off the whole bumper section and then you can get to the clips/tabs to release that part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC... you have to take off the whole bumper section and then you can get to the clips/tabs to release that part.
Thanks Brunnie - I've had no problem taking the upper section off and cleaning/painting that piece. I was hoping I would not have to do that for such a small piece. What a hassle ---Thanks much!

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
204 Posts
I took mine off w/o removing the bumper. Its hard to get at but I believe there are like 4 10 mm nuts in there you can barely get to to remove it. Just have to remove skid plate I think to get to it. I used a 1/4" ratchet and socket to get in there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took mine off w/o removing the bumper. Its hard to get at but I believe there are like 4 10 mm nuts in there you can barely get to to remove it. Just have to remove skid plate I think to get to it. I used a 1/4" ratchet and socket to get in there.
Awesome! I'll give it a shot....I'm going to try some mesh and JB-Weld to fill in the holes (sand it) and see if I can fix this this thing. Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good Luck. I have really big hands. If I can do it, anyone can. Possible I used some sort of ratcheting box end or some such. Removing the lower bumper isn't horrible. .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Luck. I have really big hands. If I can do it, anyone can. Possible I used some sort of ratcheting box end or some such. Removing the lower bumper isn't horrible. .
Thanks so much! I'll give it a go....seems like its screwed and snapped in ....either way it can't look much worse than it is! Thinking mesh and JB Weld with sanding to fix the holes....thanks for your help!

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are a few bolts that are visible along the bottom/back. Those 4 nuts are the only hidden ones. You'll get it I'm sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts