Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a sansa mp3 player, and want to get some good quality sound from my X. I tried FM transmitters back with my old 4th gen Ipod and they were all crap. Has anything improved in a year? Or is possible to mod the standard X stereo to do an AUX jack?

·
on line
278 Posts
Do you have the Sandisk Sansa E200 series (with or without Rhapsody)?

If you do, then check this out. Click

I have a Sansa E260 with Rhapsody and I love it! I don't have this transmitter yet, but I have a 4-channel one that is adequate. Kind of static-y at times, since it uses 4 of the lowest FM frequencied channels. But, it plays my player. And it's NOT an ipod, so that is even better.

·
on line
266 Posts
there are kits that will hardwire an AUX port to your antenna. I've never listened to one though, so i dont know about the sound quality. Seems like it should theoretically work better than an FM transmitter

·
on line
807 Posts
cookX said:
there are kits that will hardwire an AUX port to your antenna. I've never listened to one though, so i dont know about the sound quality. Seems like it should theoretically work better than an FM transmitter
If it runs to your antenna, wouldn't that make it an FM transmitter, lol? That would just be a wired FM transmitter, instead of a wireless FM transmitter, correct?

·
on line
191 Posts
Just throw in the towel and buy a new stereo, It will sound better. I ran the wire through the center console. No feed back, sound great.

·
on line
1 Posts
i have 2005 X with RF that came with XM. I also have a sirius receiver hooked up with a Fm modulator. THe sound on the sirius is just ok compered to the XM. I do have the sirius wired to the antenna. Can i use the AAI-NIS2 to hook my sirius unit to the RF and get better sound?
Thanks
Robby

·
on line
366 Posts
I used to have a hardwired FM transmitter in my old car and it sounded pretty good. Much better than those crappy ones you stick on your ipod. I think it cut off the antenna whenever you had it powered up, so you wouldn't get any interference from the "real" radio stations.

If you want better sound than that, I'd get a head unit that has an audio-in jack. That'll probably be the best quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts