Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on swapping uca and lca and suspension as titan parts and i want to leave the front sway bar. Can anyone help me on this. I've seen multiple threads and I am keeping my xterra rims, so I need to how to keep the sway bar with the xterra rims?

· Registered
964 Posts
You can use the titan sway bar, but then you lose a tonne of the articulation you gained with the tswap, so what's the point?
Lots of time interstate driving or on curvy roads as compared to time off-road?
Preference?

Even with 600lb springs, I’m not a fan of how my X drives with no anti-sway bay on curvy ozark roads.

Sure, it will take more force to get full articulation, but Swapped with a sway bar is still a big improvement over OE, and retains tight road characteristics.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of time interstate driving or on curvy roads as compared to time off-road?
Preference?

Even with 600lb springs, I’m not a fan of how my X drives with no anti-sway bay on curvy ozark roads.

Sure, it will take more force to get full articulation, but Swapped with a sway bar is still a big improvement over OE, and retains tight road characteristics.
Do u know what links to use with the titan sway bar to make it work with titan swap on the xterra?

· Registered
1,364 Posts
I took both of mine off. Don't really notice a huge difference.
You must be a better driver than I, 'cause I feel it all the time. I'm not a speed demon by any means but I had to slow way down. Raising the centre of gravity the vehicle definitely feels tippier now..

Anyway, I wanted the best of both words, a disconnect able sway bar, but it's a pain in the ass for various reasons. If I recall correctly titan sway bar will just bolt on, but don't quote me on that. Here's the thread: Quick Disconnect Front Sway Bar for a T-swap

· on line
2,613 Posts
Titan sway bar and Titan links work perfect when using Titan lower control arms. Use Titan tie rods and you don't need spacers. You can take the whole Titan rack if you have good access to the parts truck.

Really the whole front clip of the frame (outside of body and bumper mounts) is the same between a Titan and Xterra.
Suspension mounting
Rack mounting
Sway bar mounting
Front diff mounting
Engine mounts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts