Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys organizing/controlling what you put in the cargo area? Right now I'm using a combination of bungee cords and an elastic cargo net and I'm wondering if you guys have come up with some better ideas.

Let's see them!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I have an assortment of gear from Raingler (https://raingler.com/). Quality is very high. Fit is good. Have the rear roof net, the full cargo net across the back seats, a couple half nets I use for the hatch, and the pouch that attaches to the hatch next to the first aid kit. The full cargo net works really well when the back seats are out or folded down. Has saved me from getting buried in gear many times.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I realize I am a hillbilly and a red neck - but milk crates - the real ones not the crap they sell at Wally's - work great. You can find them on ebay or amazon and they come in 4 or 6 gallon. Super heavy duty, they stack if needed, and you can just run a bungee through the handles to keep them grounded. I also use bungees that are adjustable - so you can lengthen or shorten as needed.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
At times I must use my "Penance Stare" to keep some of the disorderly cargo in line.
At most times a bungee cord is all I need.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have 2 tool bags full time... one with tools, other with recovery straps, shackles, and tie-downs. These are strapped to the metal loop that the rear seat backs lock onto with a nylon/plastic buckle strap that was actually just a cheap belt on some Target cargo shorts. Keeps them tucked in the corner without sliding, but easily accessible.
Anything larger, coolers, bags, etc gets a ratchet strap looped around/through handles and to those same seat back loops to keep them held against the seat back.
I also have a cheap amazon elastic envelope cargo net across the back to keep things from falling out when the gate is opened up (and as a cushion so they don't mark up the plastic).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I built a board that fits in the back of the truck and bolts down to the tracks in the floor. The board has embedded Z-track and I use various Z-track equipped straps and clips to hold stuff down. I've been lotsa rough places and it holds everything tight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have two milk crates from Home Dope. They are rectangular and jam nicely across the space. Hi-lift jack fits in front of them, due to rear seatback angle. Small soft things in bags fill up the rest and nothing moves. Ultra cheap and effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts