Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hit send by mistake. Anyone having issues with the remotes range. My 2012's only works only in a 10 foot range. I changed batteries in the remote, and there was no change in range.

Where is the antenna for the remote on the X,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
2,233 Posts
Did it ever have range or always like this?
Still in warranty?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Man that would suck.... lol.

In all seriousness, my remote fr my 2010 works a pretty far distance away. Definately more than 10 feet. Might wanna get it checked at the dealer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know this probably sounds very odd, but do you have any devices plugged into power/USB ports in your truck? Try unplugging all of them if you have any.

I had the strangest behavior with my truck remote. It would only work close to the truck, and very sporadically. I replaced the batteries in the remote. I tried using the 2nd 'spare' remote. Still had the same behavior. By chance I removed my old Creative Zen MP3 device one day, and the remote worked fine. I never traced down why the Zen was causing a problem. However I was able to reproduce the problem by plugging it back in to the power port.

·
on line
612 Posts
Does the 10 ft. range happen everywhere? The place I used to work at had a lot of RF signals everywhere also only giving me a 10 ft. range on my remote but everywhere else I got 100+ ft.

Mobile post...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This shouldn't have mattered, but I resynced this remote and the spare and they both got a range increase. The spare seems to have the larger range (about 50 ft) so it will be the everyday now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts