Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does our horns sound wimpy. I know on my max it sound wimpy so i bought the 350z Horns and put in. I also saw there is only one horn there. I'm thinking of riging up both the 350z horns. They are plenty loud in my max. Anyone have experience in this? I see eveyone has gone with air horns. Not quite what i want to do.

·
on line
186 Posts
I know the horn on my Dad's Pilot is very loud. He his keys in the the pocket laying on the couch after Thanksgiving dinner and set off the alarm and it went crazy. I've noticed that mine is very weak as well. Probably has something to do with all that water and mud in there too.

·
on line
844 Posts
the horn of the late 90's caddy devilles were loud and deep as a sonofabitch, I remember that vividly from my mom's car.

·
on line
131 Posts
The horn (singular) just flat out stinks. I replaced the one tone horn with two horns (high tone, low tone) from carquest. Huge difference. It was easy to wire them together and then just use the factory plugs.

Reactions: mtnbound

·
on line
423 Posts
Actually, Xterra horns suck...er...blow?

Anyway, they are weak. My 2000 and now my 2005 both just scream...er...whine? to be replaced with something.

·
on line
463 Posts
Yeah,,, that's a definite weak spot.
My daughter said that it sounds like the old Neon commercial where the car beeps and says " Hiiiii ! "

Very Embarassing !
JimB

·
on line
109 Posts
Man your not kidding, the horns in my 06 VW GTI blow the X away, pretty pathetic isn`t it!? I def have to get rid of that stock horn, it is embarassing...PR...

·
on line
4,434 Posts
The horn (singular) just flat out stinks. I replaced the one tone horn with two horns (high tone, low tone) from carquest. Huge difference. It was easy to wire them together and then just use the factory plugs.
Yep! I installed a high tone and low tone horn on my motorcycle and it made the biggest difference! Something about the combination of the two tones, high and low, results in a louder horn overall than either individually...... I'm probably not expressing this right.... Here's some simple math:

Low = 1
High = 1

Low + Low = 2
High + High = 2
Low + High = 4

Make sense?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know the horn on my Dad's is uproarious. He is keys in the pocket laying on the love seat subsequent to Thanksgiving supper and set off the alert and it went insane. I've seen that mine is extremely feeble also. Most likely has something to do with all that water and mud in there as well.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
this should do the trick:

ha! no i agree it should be louder. I've been considering repalcing mine for a while now, its just more of a want than a need.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Is there a horn replacement from Nissan or the aftermarket which is a noticable improvement in sound and fits the factory wire harness without modifications?

·
Registered
342 Posts
instead of making a new thread I have this problem with my horn. It was working fine for a while but now all of a sudden the horn does not trigger when I use the keys to lock the car. I have checked all the doors and made sure they were closed but nothin is working. It still works fine with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Search and read your owners manual. Press lock and unlock at the same time to toggle the chirp when locked off/on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts