Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing the hood blackout threads and man I'm torn as to whether I should do the Vigg's vinyl, or shoot it with Bedliner?

I like the idea that the vinyl is temporary in case I change my mind or sell it down the line, but dang I really like the bedliner look and practicality of it.

I really like Guerrilla's take on it, but I'm not that creative or industrious :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't tried this, but I thought I read someone about the recommendation to lay down a coat of clear plasti dip and then put the bed liner on top. If that works, if you then want to take it off, you simply peel the plasti dip off.

Again, I haven't tried this and cannot tell you if there are any issues, but thought I would mention.

Good luck!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just had a long email conversation with the folks at Vigg. I showed them Guerrilla's hood and asked if they could do something similar in vinyl and they said yes. Would cost an extra $25.00 to create the lettering and cut it out. I'm thinking that may be the way to go. Get the best of both worlds...

Maybe something like this keeping with my Panda theme :idea1:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As far as removal down the line plasti-dip is the way to go. I had problem with my bumper though when I plasti-dipped it. It got water/mud spots on it and I cant get it off...

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Go plastidip. You can get a vinyl shop to do the panda or something similar then peel the panda off.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Come on, a gun wielding panda? That's a bit tacky. I'd judge an Xterra with that on the hood.

At least it would be removable with plasti-dip - but why don't you do something Klassier (with a capital 'K')?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Come on, a gun wielding panda? That's a bit tacky. I'd judge an Xterra with that on the hood.

At least it would be removable with plasti-dip - but why don't you do something Klassier (with a capital 'K')?
You have to admit, it would be unique :pirate:

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I've had great results with my vigg hood blackout. They were awesome to work with.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Decided to just go with the Vigg vinyl for now. I did find a friend that's going to make me a smaller Panda sticker. We'll see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I haven't tried this, but I thought I read someone about the recommendation to lay down a coat of clear plasti dip and then put the bed liner on top. If that works, if you then want to take it off, you simply peel the plasti dip off.

Again, I haven't tried this and cannot tell you if there are any issues, but thought I would mention.

Good luck!
if you paint over plastidip, its a nightmare to remove...it wont peel as a strip anymore, it just flakes off in small pieces. So technically its still removable, but its not so easy to remove.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts