Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
on line
579 Posts
The camera flattens everything, your Accord wouldn't have made it over the first hump in the trail. LOL
The Xterra has to be in low to lock. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that make him have to crawl?
Tell your Xterra friend to come to this site for info on using his eLocker at any time.

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
394 Posts
After watching that video I can say that I seen both rigs do quite well for the conditions. Mud was definitely the main difficulty factor. As far as any rocks I only seen 2 or 3 spots that were of any real difficulty. On a good dry day the trails in the video would be pretty easy for the most part. I only speak from what I have seen of the trails in this video and my own experiences in my X in very different terrain. But I will say this I have surprised many Jeep owners at what I can do in my X. We don't get much mud here in the California desert but we have plenty of deep soft sand and rocks I have personally crawled over rocks 12"-18" high.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ive seen this video on youtube. But when I went in to look, I didnt see any "outperforms".
Either way, no biggie.

Reactions: MikeD

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
168 Posts
Dad said to walk away from dog poo and it will soon go away.

If not, it will soon get on you.

This pile has been stirred enough, let it go :)
You are 100% correct and I think I may have a turd or two stuck in my cleats. However, your original post was spot on. I understand why you edited it because you are practicing what you preach. However, I think your below words of wisdom are worth preserving.

I am not trying to reignite drama. Please do not respond to this post unless you think I misrepresented what you posted previously.

"Nah, Arron made it clear in his own post what his intent was.

For what it's worth, I dont care if another vehicle outperforms the one which I've chosen. YouTube is filled with videos of modified Jeeps doing things I would never consider doing with my Xterra.

Rather than get my feelings hurt, I smile in knowing the abuse delivered to their vehicle will eventually damage something expensive.

I think our forum members actually enjoy watching offroad videos from Xterras and other vehicles alike. What they dont like is a person admitting to a deliberate intent to stir conflict (re: trolling.)

Thankfully, the majority of the NewX members understood the title and video were an attempt to gain recognition and not besmudge"

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
The Xterra community is rather small, and the fellowship we share here is special.

With this being said, MikeD has been clear in his resolve regarding Arrons plans when he stated; "I should have stayed out of it."

Arron has chosen to refrain from posting further on this topic.
MikeD has apologized.

As a community, I'm impressed with how we pulled together in support rather than be trolled.

The only sad part is nobody has tried my Chili recipe. :(

To be clear, much of the negativity posted on this topic arose from Arron choosing to Troll this forum with assistance from MikeD

Mike and I worked on this trolling scheme this morning.

With this being shared a correction on my part Is needed.
MikeD has made it clear that he has not apologized nor was there a need in him doing such.
I did?

Apologized for what? for pushing back against/answering a couple of comments on this thread that were critical of me?

"I should have stayed out of it" meant that I should have let the comments slide, and not gotten involved in this conversation.
For my part, I apologize for misunderstanding what MikeD posted and speaking on his behalf.

In closure, it was nice that Arron changed the title of this topic .

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Xterra community is rather small, and the fellowship we share here is special.

MikeD has apologized
"The Xterra community is rather small, and the fellowship we share here is special."

That's why I pushed back a little bit on a couple of the comments on this thread, I kinda thought you guys would have had my back being that we're all fellow Xterra enthusiasts and all.

"MikeD has apologized"

I did?

Apologized for what? for pushing back against/answering a couple of comments on this thread that were critical of me?

"I should have stayed out of it" meant that I should have let the comments slide, and not gotten involved in this conversation.

·
Registered
2005 OR
15 Posts
So in summary, this could’ve been a thread / video simply saying “MT tires outperform AT tires in mud”...I wonder if the tires companies know this? lol

If wanting to grow a channel, why come to a forum and troll instead of doing something that would create genuine interest? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

best part of this whole thread is a chili recipe
;-p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So in summary, this could’ve been a thread / video simply saying “MT tires outperform AT tires in mud”...I wonder if the tires companies know this? lol

If wanting to grow a channel, why come to a forum and troll instead of doing something that would create genuine interest? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

best part of this whole thread is a chili recipe
;-p
I hindsight you are right!

·
Registered
69 Posts
We both know that his AT3's were the main issue. They weren't made for slick Uwharrie mud.
There could be some new tires in the not too distant future... I'll probably go up to 285's. Maybe Cooper STT Pro or Wrangler Duratrac - But I'll have to find someone local who wants a set of Discoverer AT3 LT265/75/16 6-Ply with hardly any miles on them & good tread first, otherwise it's just throwing money away to replace them right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
There could be some new tires in the not too distant future... I'll probably go up to 285's. Maybe Cooper STT Pro or Wrangler Duratrac - But I'll have to find someone local who wants a set of Discoverer AT3 LT265/75/16 6-Ply with hardly any miles on them & good tread first, otherwise it's just throwing money away to replace them right now.
Tires are always a hard choice. We all know we drive on the road 90+ percent of the time. The mud terrains were perfect for this mud, but they don't come without their own downsides. I can already hear them on the road and they will only get more loud as they wear. Not to mention the MPG loss.

P.S. If you upgrade too fast you my Pilot won't be able to keep up as you scale Daniel trail at Uwharrie!

·
Registered
69 Posts
P.S. If you upgrade too fast you my Pilot won't be able to keep up as you scale Daniel trail at Uwharrie!
haha 🤣

yeah, I've got to chill on the mods for a bit or I'll end up dropping stupid money on this thing! Just the little lift I just did, and the trip to Uwharrie has me wanting to lift more, add armor, bigger tires, etc... it's a fast downward spiral on these rigs once you get started modding them!!! lol.

I think I need to limit it to tires and sliders, and maybe upgrade some skids - but it's not going to happen right away, that's for sure. First order of business is figuring out the coil bucket contact the spacer lift created, and getting an alignment since I messed up the alignment wheeling it at Uwharrie.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I definitely looked at the thread title abit dubiously at first. like why would you post that on this forum? sounds like a better post for a Honda forum.

Good job ginning up some good name / brand recognition with a potential audience...

I remember the first video you posted, it wasnt too bad, not super exciting but, eh. this one though just kinda leaves a bad taste. not even the video it self, just how it was titled/ presented.

Good work...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I definitely looked at the thread title abit dubiously at first. like why would you post that on this forum? sounds like a better post for a Honda forum.

Good job ginning up some good name / brand recognition with a potential audience...

I remember the first video you posted, it wasnt too bad, not super exciting but, eh. this one though just kinda leaves a bad taste. not even the video it self, just how it was titled/ presented.

Good work...
Lesson learned, I don't disagree.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
85 Posts
We have the same type of mud here in hawaii. When It rains and you have to go in/out of valley's with huge rutts going uphill, it sucks. When we first started off roading we didn't make it to the camp spot cuz couldn't get up certain hills wet.

Just a gripper tires and some deflating, she go. Recently got micky thompson atzp3 in 32s and deflate to 25ish normal and never had a problem. Kinda wish went to 33s but I'll jus save that for my full suspension lift.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,153 Posts
LOL. I'm running some Cooper STT Maxx in 255//85/16 and they've been awesome but I'd like to drop down to some load range C tires but I've only got about 25K miles on the STTs and they still look like new. I'm one of those people who cannot bring himself to replace something that still has useful life. For that reason, I never worry about treadwear warranties and stuff like 100K mile sparkplugs - I always want to try something new way before they're ready to NEED replacing! WTH right? It's one of my hobbies as well as transport!

41 - 60 of 95 Posts