Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you could do it over again what, if anything, would you have done differently, to perform better?
Again everyone was spinning wheels this day. I'm pretty confident that my skinny Yokohama Geolandar 235-85-16 MTs where literally the perfect tire for the conditions. They cut through the surface clay and found traction when most 4x4s where slipping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you could do it over again what, if anything, would you have done differently, to perform better?
Well, I guess to make you happy...
Next time I could trailer the Xterra there and then just go full send and rip it through the trails as fast as it’ll go without a care in the world.

Dude, My Xterra got through everything out there under its own power, without being winched or pulled, and made it back home, in one piece. What’s the problem??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cliff Notes:

A capable AWD vehicle with good off road tires has less of a time making it over obstacles than an OR with street tires.
The Xterra had Discovery AT3's, not exactly street tires
Seems to me you are trying to promote your website at the expense of your "friend".
LOL, My Pilot rigged as it was did very well this day. It exceeded everyones expectations and earned the win. There is no ill will between Mike and I. He is definitely helping me out by off-roading with me. I used to do it solo.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
168 Posts
Well, I guess to make you happy...
Next time I could trailer the Xterra there and then just go full send and rip it through the trails as fast as it’ll go without a care in the world.

Dude, My Xterra got through everything out there under its own power, without being winched or pulled, and made it back home, in one piece. What’s the problem??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last post on this topic. Not trying to create drama. Your "friend" made a post entitled "Honda Pilot outperforms Nissan Xterra Pro 4X on slick Uwharrrie Trails" and now claims YOU TWO planned to troll this forum. I don't have a problem. Maybe you and your Pilot "friend" do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Last post on this topic. Not trying to create drama. Your "friend" made a post entitled "Honda Pilot outperforms Nissan Xterra Pro 4X on slick Uwharrrie Trails" and now claims YOU TWO planned to troll this forum. I don't have a problem. Maybe you and your Pilot "friend" do.
The title is true, there is a 50 minute long video to prove it. What would you have titled the video if you were running my channel? Would you have been insulted if you went off-roading in clay and your all terrains didn't find traction? There is no drama, just two off-roaders having fun and one trying to pay some bills.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
168 Posts
The title is true, there is a 50 minute long video to prove it. What would you have titled the video if you were running my channel? Would you have been insulted if you went off-roading in clay and your all terrains didn't find traction? There is no drama, just two off-roaders having fun and one trying to pay some bills.
You are pretty selfish and obviously not a friend of "MikeD".
Please go away and instead post on a Jeep or FJ forum instead of here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You are pretty selfish and obviously not a friend of "MikeD".
Please go away and instead post on a Jeep or FJ forum instead of here.
You have me feeling remorseful for everyone that got stuck where I didn't. I will now apologize to all of the following rigs:

I am sorry I made it and I am glad my traction boards got you out! Thank you for splitting them into many smaller boards for increased utility.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Unless called upon I will not post anymore, Xterra's are awesome and are definitely more capable off-road than a Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I think its great that you post these videos and off road together.

I don't go to Uwharrie because I use my 4wd to get away from people. Having said that anyone who thinks this is easy has never stood on wet Carolina clay. Think ice with water on top.

Looks like good times. Ignore the naysayers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude, it's just a title...

If you watched the video, you know I didn't get stuck, neither of us did, others did though. I did have some difficulty in one spot in particular, and yeah - Aaron was able to get through there in one shot, but he is running MT's, and his tires were much better at clearing the mud from his treads than mine were. I am running Cooper AT3's, they do great dry, and they do pretty good in sandy mud, but in clay mud - forget it. We were driving up a steep incline in red clay mud, between a tree and a large rock, I was sliding all over the place. I was being over cautious and took it too slow - my over cautiousness actually caused damage (mud guard in front of the right rear tire got taken off). My fault. BUT, after I listened to the guy on the side and backed down and re-set and went at it again without lifting, I got through it with no problem. I also did the second pass in 4-lo and locked, so I'm sure that helped with traction as well. I think Aaron also had his VTM-4 Lock on when he went through that spot, so there's that. If I had run it locked the first time, and not been so over cautious - I probably wouldn't have hung up there like I did.

I don't think Aaron sharing his video here was the trolling, I think the trolling is happening in the replies.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Chili Recipe

Ingredients
Ingredient Checklist
  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

• 1 medium chopped onion

• 2 mined garlic cloves

• 16 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained

• 14 1/2 ounces canned diced tomatoes

• 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder

• 1 teaspoon ground cumin

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1 teaspoon pepper

·
Registered
227 Posts
The camera flattens everything, your Accord wouldn't have made it over the first hump in the trail. LOL
The Xterra has to be in low to lock. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that make him have to crawl?
See if your buddy is interested in throwing one of these in his Xterra.

M226 e-Locker Override

The member in the post sells these as a plug & play dongle now. I did the wiring hack right after I bought my truck with mud & sand in mind. It disables the electronic nannies so you can have your locker at any time (including 2wd). I prefer having options & letting my brain be the safety.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nah, Arron made it clear in his own post what his intent was.

For what it's worth, I dont care if another vehicle outperforms the one which I've chosen. YouTube is filled with videos of modified Jeeps doing things I would never consider doing with my Xterra.

Rather than get my feelings hurt, I smile in knowing the abuse delivered to their vehicle will eventually damage something expensive.

I think our forum members actually enjoy watching offroad videos from Xterras and other vehicles alike. What they dont like is a person admitting to a deliberate intent to stir conflict (re: trolling.)

Thankfully, the majority of the NewX members understood the title and video were an attempt to gain recognition and not besmudge
I should have stayed out of it.

See if your buddy is interested in throwing one of these in his Xterra.

M226 e-Locker Override

The member in the post sells these as a plug & play dongle now. I did the wiring hack right after I bought my truck with mud & sand in mind. It disables the electronic nannies so you can have your locker at any time (including 2wd). I prefer having options & letting my brain be the safety.
I have thought about doing that. I probably wont though. I'm not likely to keep it much longer. I haven't decided what my long term plans for the Xterra are yet. I just did a small lift (1.5" spacers in the front and AAL/5100's in the rear.) and I am worried it's going to become a money pit because now I can't stop looking at mods!!! 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
Funny thing is that you labeled the title like that because you knew that you wanted to troll people in here to get a response from them

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Dad said to walk away from dog poo and it will soon go away.

If not, it will soon get on you.

This pile has been stirred enough, let it go :)

21 - 40 of 95 Posts