191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup,

About 20 min. outside of the "Garlic Capital Of The World"

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been there twice now, great fun. Will let you know next time. Been trying to get the guts and recovery equipment to try the tank tracks.

·
on line
564 Posts
Dude, when did you go out there? I went last Sunday and the 4x4 area was freak'n closed because of a Hare Hash thingy. That freak'n PMFO!

Rob

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually call before I head out Master Chief,
It takes about 2 hours to get there for me. Their website is usually kept up-to-date.

We also go to Prarie City in Sacramento. Been going out with this group

http://www.marin4x4.net

Only place around here that was not that fun was Cow Mountain, due to a ridiculous abount of brush damage. see pic.

·
on line
564 Posts
Yeah, I'll definitely call them first from now on. It takes me about 2 hours to get there also. I've checked out that web site a few times, but it doesn't seem to be up to date. Hey, are you BIGTOM6565 on XOC?

Rob

·
on line
564 Posts
muzikman said:
With all the great places to wheel in CA, why go to a man made park? :)
Hollister Hills has 24 miles of trails on 800 acres along with the 4x4 obstacle course.

Unfortunately, those of us that reside in the valley are limited in the availability of off road trails.

Rob

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Master Chief,
I cannot confirm that fact, but it may be true.

As for the wheeling, It is a real fun place to shread around. I would love to get an event going.

Any Ideas?

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Muzikman,
It's not like your state, it takes longer then 12 minutes to drive through. Great wheelin, Hours and Hours away. If we both left our houses you could hit cuba before I made it to San Diego

Your state is 46,085 sq miles,
We got 163,707 sq miles. We got alot of trails because we got alot of land, alot gridlocked with traffic.

[/quote]

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It takes over 5 hours to drive across PA thank you! :)

The Rubicon Trail is near Lake Tahoe. The drive from San Fran to Lake Tahoe isn't that bad. That would be the place I would go. ;)

·
on line
564 Posts
muzikman said:
The Rubicon Trail is near Lake Tahoe. The drive from San Fran to Lake Tahoe isn't that bad. That would be the place I would go. ;)
Yeah, the rubicon would ROCK...but I'm not about to attempt it in a stock X. At least not my stock X.

Rob

·
on line
564 Posts
BIGTOM726 said:
...As for the wheeling, It is a real fun place to shread around. I would love to get an event going.

Any Ideas?

Hmm...we could post something up on XOC to do some wheel'n. Or post something on MTBR.com and do some riding.

Rob

·
on line
564 Posts
I've heard that most of the difficult areas of the rubicon can be bypassed...is this true?

Rob

·
on line
1,716 Posts
robnfl said:
I've heard that most of the difficult areas of the rubicon can be bypassed...is this true?

Rob
Most, but not all. If you want to go all of the way through, you will end up in some tight spots. It is possible for our Xterra's to make it through without heavy mods. As for a lift...we can make it with out one. I would recommend sliders, real skids (not what we have stock) and some better tires.

·
on line
564 Posts
Hmmm...I might just have to give it a shot...after I install my sliders (on order) and decide on which tires I wanna get.

Snoopy made it with minimal damage to his near stock X. I think it only had sliders
What do you mean by minimal damage?

Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts