Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a hitch-mounted cargo carrier. I am considering one that is primarily Polypropylene instead of steel or aluminum due to weight (such as this one http://www.etrailer.com/pc-CC2~7507.htm ). My though was that a lighter weight carrier would make is easier for my wife to attach if she needed to. The carrier's capacity is the same as others (500 lbs).

Anyone have any experience with a "plastic" carrier or forsee a problem that I have not considered?

Thanks for your input!

·
on line
776 Posts
Not to be negative, but I highly suggest not buying a plastic cargo carrier! It will probably not be as strong as you may think! Look into aluminum, the weight of an aluminum carrier will barely be noticed (if at all) in the rear, and is much more durable!!!

·
on line
1,420 Posts

·
on line
1,420 Posts

·
on line
1,618 Posts
x3 on the Harbor Freight. I use mine for hauling deer, and today I'm going to figure out how to get my ice fishing house on there. I would not go with plastic, too cold here.

·
on line
60 Posts
x4, like norshor said i use my aluminum one for hauling deer and snowblowers. the plastic one wont have the rigidity like the metal ones do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts