Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Highway shake w/ BFG ATs

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mike100 
#1 ·
Do any of you have problems with balanced BFG ATs, shake at highway speeds? Been balanced twice but still get some shake up front, not too bad but enough to want to do something about it.

#4 ·
There are different balancing machines. Some better than others.

Do a search for a post that USMC_Xterra started on the subject. It will be many pages long, but he had even contacted BFG and so forth.

I think ultimately he ended up use air soft BB's to balance them. You can also use a product specially designed for this called "Equal".

#9 ·
I haven't had any issues with mine either. I run 265/75/16's, and routinely drive 90+ mph on them*.

*(Disclaimer: It is potentially unsafe, both for your driving record and your vehicle/life to drive this fast in your X....but hell, who wants to live forever?)

#10 ·
It is possible you have one bad tire..it happens even with the better brands. try rotating your spare (or a friends wheel from another nissan) into each position one at a time to find the offending donut. Then you will not have to have a long conversation with the tire store. they will try to balkance that one wheel, and when they fail, get you a new one.

With one particular low end pirelli, I had a lot of problems with the bead spinning on the rim when you got it below 15 psi. This is not something I had ever experienced with bfg or goodyear though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.