Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing our favorite site, 4x4parts.com, and dreaming about what would be the next modification to the X. I came across the High Speed Offroad Compression Kit, which seems to be exactly what I need for the style of riding I do.

Here's the link
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/highspeed-offroad-compression-kit-p-4642.html

I do a lot of beach riding (more so than mudding) and the spot I go to is wide open and you can drive as far as you want, but you get beat to death by all the tire ruts from people doing donuts and "burn outs".

Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Is it more for Baja riding that softens the suspension for desert and bumpy venues?

·
on line
1,961 Posts
Those are jounce shocks... Toyota guys seem to like them, they are over priced compared to fox or radflo air bumps. However, they bolt right on and don't have to weld cans on so they may be worth it (not knowing your fab skills). They should help the hard bottoming, but not all by them self. They are designed to work in conjunction with other suspension modifications that increase wheel travel and overall suspension performance ( not know how your rig is set up I can't recommend them or tell you they are a waste).

Sorry for not giving you a real answer.

T
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've been looking at stuff like that too. I thought of Timbrens, but all they really do is increase spring rate when being compressed. That might take hits harder, but it also means there will be faster rebound and that means more bounce when the going gets really rough (whoops).

The answer is different shocks - something with progressive damping. That's a lot of money, no matter how you slice it. Plus, with the limited amount of travel we have, I don't know if it would work all that well.

If you look at racing buggies and trucks, they don't have really stiff springs. They have somewhat soft springs, lots of damping and lots of travel...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts