Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Hi, New Here... Checkin things Out

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  BeardnBrew 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was looking for reviews on the Wrangler UltraTerrain ATs for the X and found your site. I have a 2015 Xterra and I love it....

#3 ·
I have the UltraTerrain A/T's and they are good for my use case of over 95% paved road use, occasional snow or gravel to reach a trailhead. I have had issues with balancing and had 2 replaced at 2 years old because Discount Tire couldn't get balance, with no wear or damage issues.

#4 ·
Hey Melody, glad you joined. I see it has the 3 mountain peak snow flake rating, and a load index of 116 so both of those are good. I'm sorry but I can't add any personal experience with that tire. I've had my Xterra for 14 years/250,000 miles and tried a LOT of different tires. I'm a storm chaser so we drive high speed in heavy rain and have to get video in the worst parts of ice storms/blizzards. Far and away the best tire I've used on the Xterra has been the Wildpeak AT3W. Get it in 265/75/16 (the stock size on the Pro4X) and you will get a 116 load rating (strong sidewall) and a silica based tread compound which is what makes it excel in snow/ice/rain. 3 mountain peak/snowflake rated. 50,000 mile tread warranty, looks good, I did the full Alpine Loop and most other trails in the San Juans on them. Priced very well for what you get. Take a look.

Its a really great group here. If you have questions/problems, post up and you will get a great response. Take care.

#5 ·
Hello,
Welcome and I also inquired about the Wrangler UltraTerrain ATs just a few weeks ago. I purchased some at Discount Tire 7/9/2021, due to reviews, price and warranty. I love them so far. Nice soft ride, quite and great traction. Has a little aggressive look, which I like. I drive mostly on highway, some off road and through the woods to grandma's house, but they are great!

#7 ·
Welcome to the club, regarding tire questions this place and the users here have a lot of combined knowledge along with some strong tire opinions to say the least. I’ve never tried those on my X or any of my Fords but the specs and appearance look good! Personally it’s BFG K02 and KM3s for all my mostly non-off road events, I’m such a poser!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.