Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going crazy looking at hi lifts and trying to decide which one i need/want. Personal wants is not red. Needs i'm looking at all the 48" models. I have found the all cast (model 485) for $72 shipped (seems to be the cheapest). There is also a model 484dc. It seems to be cast/stell but for some reason priced higher then the all cast (most places, i found it for $61 shipped). Im so confused...Please some help

·
on line
1,149 Posts
I would honestly say its all about personal preference since all the HI-LIFT jacks from cast/steel to the EXTREME jack have the same exact load capacity. The difference would be from the materials used and the different top pieces of all the jacks. I ended up getting the EXTREME but im now wondering if its overkill. The top piece on the EXTREME looks so burly compared to the others though. The other cool thing about the top piece on the EXTREME is you can actually buy a D-ring shackle and hook it onto hole in the top piece of the EXTREME. I personally like the color of the all cast(red) but the cast/steel would better fit the look of my truck. Looks aside, the zinc plated hardware, burly top piece, and quick release pin on the base sold me on the EXTREME. Plus i got a free handle keeper which was valued at $12. If i added that to the price of the all cast, it would only be a $10 difference. So thats why i chose the EXTREME. Just go for what your little heart desires cause they all do the same thing. Hope this helps.

·
on line
97 Posts
Have you seen this thread? Its the one I picked up and its basically the same but without the "name brand" and the high cost o and no shipping cost if you live close to a harbor freight store...

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have info on the HL484dc? It says its cast/stell yet it's about $80 bucks everywhere which is more then the all cast 48". I like it due to the color similar to the xtreme but i found it for 1/2 the cost

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Never heard of it. When you search it just looks like a Cast and Steel model, but there is no mention of it on Hi-Lifts page.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Well, I don't quite understand it...but.

HL484DC = Hi-Lift 48" Display Carton. It is a steel Hi-Lift. I am not sure what the "Display Carton" means though.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im pretty set on the Hi Lift brand, just for the piece of mind that there is a fix it kit if something happens on the trails. Question is do i go with the All Cast or Cast and Steel? Advantages/Disadvantages any help, i wanna pull the trigger soon

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Get the all cast. the stamped steel on the cast steel is thinner. im sure it is strong but the cast base looks beefy. one thing the tech told me from hilft was that the top piece on the cast can SHATTER if it exceeds its limit whereas the cast/steel top piece will bend and give and twist, letting you know its gonna fail. its up to you though. just get the extreme if its not too much of a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts