1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I have my hi-lift mounted on my roof, so I went with the hi-lift extreme that has higher-quality coatings and hardware. If you mount it inside, the generic one is probably just as good as the regular hi-lift. One thing I have noticed is that the hi-lift is easy to rebuild (if need be) and it's easy to find parts for them. For $40, though, you could go through 2 jacks and still spend less than I did on one. :drunken:

·
on line
13,466 Posts
You can use the hi lift parts to re buiold the "farm jack" it really is tha same crap. I got the hi lift extreme as well, but thats because i bought so muchother stuff form 4 wheel parts that day, they practically gave it to me. My extremem has some rust spots on it, so i have had to touch it up with spray paint. SAVE THE MOENY, GET THE FARM JACK.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Personally, seeing how dangerous a hi-lift jack already is, I would feel safer with the Hi-Lift brand than some Chinese knock off.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
mcampana said:
... I got the hi lift extreme as well, but thats because i bought so muchother stuff form 4 wheel parts that day, they practically gave it to me. My extremem has some rust spots on it, so i have had to touch it up with spray paint. SAVE THE MOENY, GET THE FARM JACK.
That was my reason, too. After buying my tires and a few other things, I got 2 $50 gift cards which I used on my jack. I coated mine down with a thin coat of white lithium grease and it seems to be alright (been mounted ~6 months). If it rusts, I'll just have to paint it. Once there's some salt on the roads, I'm going to take it off the roof.

·
on line
807 Posts
Go with the real deal. I got an 48" All-Cast Hi-Lift Jack at Tractor Supply Company for $48.
That Harbor Freight one has stamped steel some stamped steel components which are weaker, and will rust/fail quicker. When you are lifting your $25k truck, you might as well spend an extra $10 and get something that you KNOW will work, not something that you THINK will work.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stevet47 said:
Go with the real deal. I got an 48" All-Cast Hi-Lift Jack at Tractor Supply Company for $48.
That Harbor Freight one has stamped steel some stamped steel components which are weaker, and will rust/fail quicker. When you are lifting your $25k truck, you might as well spend an extra $10 and get something that you KNOW will work, not something that you THINK will work.
Closest is Kearny Nebraska LOL

Thx tough!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
How about Sportsman's Warehouse? They got the best prices I have seen on hi-lift and hi-lift accessories.

I know when I bought my 60", Summit Racing had free shipping which helped a lot.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
I wouldn't count on using Hi-lift's re-build kit on it. If I remember correctly I read (on another forum) that someone tried it and the pieces wouldn't fit.. Not everything that looks like something else is made the same.. If it was up to me I'd flip the extra cash and get the Hi-Lift.

·
on line
381 Posts
I've heard of people having bad experiences (breaking and failure) with the farm jack from harbor freight. I've had two different Hi-Lifts, never a problem with either. I'd spend the extra money, better to be safe than stuck.

·
on line
295 Posts
Muzikman said:
How about Sportsman's Warehouse? They got the best prices I have seen on hi-lift and hi-lift accessories.

I know when I bought my 60", Summit Racing had free shipping which helped a lot.

X2 on Sportsmans. Their prices were even lower than the Hi-Lift web site.
Got the plastic plate and winch kit for way less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts