Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Absolutely not. quickfists are not meant to secure large items like a hilift. I'm no physicist, but something which weighs say 50# static, will be around 2000# at a dead stop from 60 mph. They're great for internal truck use i.e.- flashlights, fire extinguishers, whatnot, but nothing that big or heavy.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I kinda thought so, and OOPS sorry for the location. It's been a rough day, if someone wants to move it, be my guest, oh and thanks mcampana for making me feel like an ass :la: although sometimes I do need to be told that

·
on line
15,651 Posts
DBAX said:
Absolutely not. quickfists are not meant to secure large items like a hilift. I'm no physicist, but something which weighs say 50# static, will be around 2000# at a dead stop from 60 mph. They're great for internal truck use i.e.- flashlights, fire extinguishers, whatnot, but nothing that big or heavy.
I totally agree with this, yet there have been many people use them for hi-lifts and they are even marketed as such. I actually bought a couple pair and after looking them over and trying to strap one around the hi-lift, it ripped. I figured it wasn't really a safe way to mount it. I wasn't comfortable with it holding while just driving down the road, yet a lone if I should get into a wreck.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea I have seen that, but good gracious that thing is expensive. I'm stealing an idea from another site, when I get it finished, I'll post it on here, will cost A LOT less than $100

·
on line
381 Posts
I have the yakima mount for the Hi Lift on my loadwarrior, it works great, not troubles yet. I also have the yakima shovel mount, works great. Both are pricey, but i figured I want them to stay there whether on or off road, and I've heard of quickfist breaking. Last thing you want to do is to drag your hi lift off the highway before hitting the trail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts