Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Uh dude, that is a nylon locking nut. Its designed to keep the nut from coming off the bolt after you tighten it up. you cant really hand tighten them, you need to use a ratchet.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JIMBO said:
:clown: Man I love chrome gear, Stainless Steel, especially when it's polished, BUT--

miles said:
--Storing the HiLift Under the rear seats, is free and don't take No Bolts, course, you just can't see it on top of your 4WD--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
LOL, I knew you were gonna chime in here Jimbo! That's part of it for me, I WANT it to be seen (yeah yeah, I'm a poser!).

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: OH, rats, TX, I am too, kinda, but Im getting to old to have to climb up there, every time I needed the stupid thing--

--course, I admit, I'm a little LAZY to !!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Jimbo, your rear bumper has no provisions for mounting your hi lift? If not, i guess thats antoher pro of the Shrock bumper. The only minus bieng 145lbs according to Shrockworks. I thought calmini would have some sort of mount.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
-- :clown: Well Xterra, my Calmini will support the HiLift and also does my shovel, but--

--I don't really want to expose any more of my "tools" to outside weather, than I have to, and since I put that HiLift under the rear seat, I don't have any rust/corrosion/debris-etc

xterra3100 said:
Jimbo, your rear bumper has no provisions for mounting your hi lift? If not, i guess thats antoher pro of the Shrockworks bumper. The only minus bieng 145lbs according to Shrockworks. I thought calmini would have some sort of mount.
--And I never have to remove it for fear of THEFT, it's so-APPROPO, what more needs to be said--

--Anyone sitting on that seat, has no idea there is ANYTHING underneath the seat--

--There are nothing but pro's and NO CON's--

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Good point JIMBO. Most of the time it will be under my rear seats but when i go wheeling, ill have to mount it to the back since sometimes my kids go with me. I just hate the fact of removing both of thier carseats when i need the jack. So yeah, most of the time its hiding under the seats. Less eye candy for theives the better!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Wait a minute partner, YOU DON'T have to remove the seat bottoms--

xterra3100 said:
Good point JIMBO. Most of the time it will be under my rear seats but when i go wheeling, ill have to mount it to the back since sometimes my kids go with me. I just hate the fact of removing both of thier carseats when i need the jack. So yeah, most of the time its hiding under the seats. Less eye candy for theives the better!
--All you have to do is tilt the seat bottom FORWARD to remove the jack, then set it back down and SECURE !!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts