Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just got a hi lift extreme jack and im wondering if i really need the "extreme" model? Aside from the more heavy duty top piece, the sales guy at 4 wheel parts told me that the hardware on the extreme model was more rust proof than the regular all cast and cast/steel. I spent 100.00 on the extreme and now im wondering if the red all cast would have been just fine. Anyone using the extreme? Yes color was sort of a factor but i didnt like the stamped base plate as opposed to the cast base. Did i make the right choice? Sorry, im new to this hi-lift thing.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
I got my xtreme hi lift from 4 wheel parts for 75 bucks.................but thats another topic. Mine did rust, the coating material doesnt quite cover all of it. Im going to touch it up with rustoleum for rustt and then some greay paint. Bummer, i thought it wouldnt have rusted.

Any model would due in my opinion. But the top peice it coems with is nice to have.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you get the EXTREME for that cheap? Thats a steal at that price.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
I got my Hi-Lift Extreme for $75 at 4Wheelers Supply & Off Road Center. www.4wheelers.com
Probably overkill, but it was only $10 more than the other model, so I thought it was worth that just to get the quick release on the base plate.

·
on line
245 Posts
I bought the all cast high lift at my local Les Schwab for 35 bucks (half price of what they sell for on 4wheelparts). It had just been sitting there collecting dust (literally caked in dust), so I made them an offer and they took it. At first it needed some lube for all of the components to get going, but now it works great. The only problem is that it has rusted quite a bit, so more rust protection with the xtreme sounds like a plus to me...

PS it has been exposed to the elements quite a bit, so I am at fault for a lot of the rusting...

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i will just keep the EXTREME. It will one day serve its purpose. Plus it just looks bad ass!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I bouight my SECOND, 48" hilift, in 1981--

--I still use it and all it took, was WD-40 and a light exercise when not in heavy use--no rust either, oh, I have replaced one thing and thats the cotter key at the base !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts