Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Hows things? Have had the X a year now and it was my commuter truck. No mods execpt a CB and a Nav system until Superbowl weekend. Friend of mine shows up Saturday with his wife and wants me to go wheeling. I laugh because the X is bone stock down to the Long Trails. But after some poking and proding he got me to go. Off to the local trails and after an hour or so of wheeling I am hooked!!!

I couldn't belive how well a bone stock X wheeled. 2wd 99% of the time in loose pack dirt and shallow mud. A few hill climbs and off camber decents. Some water fordging (maybe to the hubs deep).

Now I am hooked and should be wheeling once or twice a month. So off to the forums to learn whats needed and whats not.

So drop a line and say hello to a new found wheeler and X lover!!

Bonedog

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL thanks guys. Modding never bothered me:) looked at the shrock stuff today. Was reading the posts where there is a backlog and wait tie. Is that still true or is turn around quick?

Also what would be the first? sliders or skids? I was thinking the rad skid and diff skid.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
congrats on getting hooked and i guarentee u will learn just about everything u need to know from this board. welcome and congrats... :headbang:

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thanks for the warm response folks :) Makes me all fuzzy inside LOL

·
on line
155 Posts
Welcome.

·
TNX Administrator
20,253 Posts