Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm looking to do some armor on the X. Which brand do you guys prefer? Been reading some posts about some have better UV protection and what not, any suggestions? Primarily looking to protect my lower door area below the side bump guards, rear side-steps, maybe even the roof after that most recent thread.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Herculiner is DIY and Line-X is doen thru a shop... you'll save money using herculiner. Duplicolor also makes a truck bed coating (same stuff syndicate used on his wheels) but it tends to chip/flake a bit easier than others... but it's the least expensive and will be fine for the roof or areas that won't see many rocks.
Line-X and Rhino offer UV protectant coating that resists fading but i have no experience with it and IMO the slight fade on the Herc and Duplicolor i've used isn't that bad and doesn't bother me at all.
Durabak is another DIY product available but you make have to look online for it.

·
on line
82 Posts
Take it from lifeinsthesouth, he was the one who did the prep and herculined his roof (it looks awesome). I did my rock sliders in herculiner and so far it works great.

I just purchased one of those wheel-less trailers that slides in your hitch, and I am going to herculine it before I use it once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts