Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made my move from Columbus, GA to Theresa, NY. I had some time of from work so I made a few modifications. First I herculined my roof and Rocker panels. I had done this on the jeep i had before the X and I like the protection and look.

Second I installed Off Road Shocks and skid plates that I bought from Muzikman thanks.

Finally, I installed a Eclipse AVN 5435 I bought from max6spd. I love this unit the stereo sounds much better even with stock speakers. I will upgrade the speakers in the future. I can also confirm there is a usable speed pulse in the harness that connects to the speedo.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask and you shall receive

·
on line
1,208 Posts
so how did you do the roof? did you remove the rack, or justr get real close to the footpads of the rack?

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the basket, crossbars, and faring in the front, but i did not remove the rest. I did not want to risk breaking one of the riviets loose. I was abel to get very close and to look at one cannot even tell.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the basket, crossbars, and faring in the front, but i did not remove the rest. I did not want to risk breaking one of the riviets loose. I was abel to get very close and to look at one cannot even tell.

·
on line
97 Posts
I really like the rockers but why the roof? I think to do the fenders also would look sweet.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did the roof because I load a lot of different things up there and i already had quite a few sratches and gouges.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can be done in one long day. Will cost you about $100

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Someone has to ask this question... Why the heck did you herculine the rockers if you are going to keep those steprails and mudflaps on?

Im not dissing what you did, because i actually like it, but I just think its sort of strange.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually did end up taking the mud flaps off today. As far as the side steps go, i use them. I use them to laod the roof, and so me wife can get in and out. I do not do any serious off roading where they would get in the way. I have noticed a lot of rock chips on the rocker panel and i live in snow country where raod salt will eat a car in a few years.

·
on line
3,331 Posts
Looks darn good. I've never been a fan of exterior herculiner but this looks sweet. I did the interior of my wrangler when I had it. I might just have to copy off the roof idea but I might put a coat of white spray on top of that.

Anyone ever see a pic of herculiner on the hood in the bug deflection area? I don't really like the look of bras (on cars) and was wondering if that would just look like crap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts