Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im trying to remove the sun glass bin on the overhead console. I got the console out of the truck, but for the life of me i can't seem to pop the sun glass holder out. Its got so many retainer clips i just can't seem to get it apart.

I'm trying to remove it so i can do my switch bank install.
Has anyone succeeded in this? Have any good tips?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i should have taken pics when i had it out of the truck.. there is 1 screw in the middle that i know of, couldn't see any other ones. Just lots of the tabs holding it in, there is at least 12 tabs holding it in place.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link, i've read that over and over many times before deciding thats where i wanted the switch, now if I can only get that damn bin out. then i can start figuring out a mounting solution. Trying to not drill any visible holes in case i decide to sell the truck in the future and can turn everything back to factory

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
understandable for the not wanting to drill. keep up the good work and same with taking pics of your progress. I am curious on how its going to look

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my original plan was to put it down on the side of the shifter console but i thought it might get annoying sitting in traffic with foot off the gas relaxing then keep bumping into the switches. Plus if i was to mount it down there, then surround will be much smaller so i decided to try the overhead panel first, and if i didn't like it, i could still trim it down for a different location.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I am waiting for my second order of switches to come in so I can swap out the stock driveline and OR lights to match the ones I installed in the over head panel. what type of switches are you going to use ? I ordered mine from http://www.otrattw.com/ great service and quick shipping to Saskatchewan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts