Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Shrock Rear Tire Carrier. I've got everything in, except I'm having one heck of a time lining up the latch. I can get it to latch, but as soon as I snug the bolts, it won't go back in the hole. Appears to be too high or too far to the left.

I am thinking of expanding the holes on the latch to give a little more maneuvering. Before I do that, just wanted to see if anyone had any other tricks?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
It will start too high. I had to push mine down for over 6 months before it got to where it would close without pushing down. Better to start high so it drops over time than be a bit low and have to lift it each time you try to close it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I added a couple of washers as spacers (2 on the top, 1 on the bottom), and now I can push it down to latch. A little bit of a PITA, but hopefully it will get better over time. Of course, I had to remove the back plate that buffers between the arm and the bumper, because it latches back too far now.

I'll take a few pics, and send them to Shrock to see if they have any suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts