Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what extra parts besides gears I need to regear my Titan swapped x

Besides the 4.10 gears for the m205 and 226, and the install kits for both diffs, what else do I need?

Do I require a new flange for both front and rear diffs, and If so is that the flange they sell on rugged rocks? I've emailed them a few times with no response

I've been going by this how to http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48631

Only thing that isn't clear is the flange, and that's re only part I'm havin trouble figuring out

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Im not sure we have figured out how to tell what spline count you have. I think its a 50/50 chance that you get lucky and have the right one or dont, if not youll have to buy the right one.

This may be a good time to dig deeper because Im trying to figure out the same thing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The yokes are $94 a clip. The easy answer is to just order the new yoke that matches the gears when you call Steve to order.

I *think* the new gears all have 24 spline pinions, and from what I've gathered most of the 4-bolt Frontiers/Xterra's/Titans after '07 have 24 spline pinion yokes stock.

EDIT: That goes for the rears only. The M205 gears apparently still come with 29 spline pinions, which means you'd need the 29 spline yoke. Too bad the rears aren't 29 spline anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts