Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the PAC SWI-RC, and just installed a Pioneer radio. I'm coming from a 2012 Pro-4x with the Rockford Fosgate radio. The problem I have is that the SWI-RC instructions reference wires that don't seem to match up with my steering wheel harness. The instructions reference through 2011, so I'm wondering if they changed a little bit of the wiring in 2012.

Here are the instructions from PAC:

http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIApp...RC&swiRadioManu=Pioneer&swiOptions=Radio + BT

I'll follow up with a post of some pictures of the vehicle harness as soon as I figure out how to post pictures.

Has anyone run in to this before, and would be willing to assist?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed a idatalink MAESTRO SW in my 12 with the rf system and had no issues with wrong colors, and theirs was supposedly good for 09-12.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe I'll look at purchasing that interface instead. PAC has been unable to offer a solution.

Just a stupid thought, but am I trying to map out the right connector? Can you take a look at the picture above, and just confirm that I'm not an idiot, and that I have the correct connector for the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got an email back from PAC, and they said I'm looking at the wrong connector. He mentioned something about it being connected to the back of the climate control area. I'll remove everything tonight and take a peak again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE - I was a retard, and was looking at the wrong harness. Once I got the right harness, everything played out just like the instructions said. Now I guess I have to go cut the wires on the bluetooth module in order to get the phone controls to recognize.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I removed the factory module under the seat to install my ham radio. Glad you got it sorted, I'm on vacation away from my x so I can't get a pic
Posted via Mobile Device
Do your answer and hang up buttons work on the steering wheel?

As of right now, My vol. +/- and Track +/- work, but the two middle buttons for answer and hang up do not.

PAC had some instructions about splicing wires on the bluetooth module, which I'm assuming will make those work, but I guess I will figure that out tomorrow.

·
on line
352 Posts
Been a LONG time but I integrated a PAC with my controls to a CarPC install. Vol, track, and mode. BT phone button never worked.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spliced the wires recommended on the PAC website on the bluetooth module underneath the passenger seat. Low and behold, it works. I have the following functions:

- Vol +/-
- Answer a Call
- End a Call
- The Track Buttons work, but not how I would like them to on the Pioneer radio.
- They will advance through preset radio stations, but won't scan through tracks on an external device or for Pandora. I have tried mapping them to both the Track +/- and Seek functions, but no difference from what I can tell.

Overall I'm happy with the end outcome. The splicing was a little bit of a challenge under the seat with my hands, but I managed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts