Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, Here is the deal...

I went to visit my dad yesterday and he asked me to do him a favor... me being the great son I am... I said "no problem." Well, he wanted me to go to the gas station and fill his 5 gallon gas can up that he uses for the lawn mower... so far so good. well i go to the station and fill the little sucker up, put the top back on (so I thought) and put it in the rear of my truck. Well i guess I drove a little crazy because when i got home the gas can was on its side.... and..... you guessed it, about 2.5 gallons of gasoline made it out of the can and into the back of my truck. Luckily i had three full sized towles back there that the can was laying on (im not a total idiot) which soaked up alot of the gas, but some did make it into the rear storage container, and under almost all the plastic pieces back there.... I cleaned it out good and plan on dismantleing all of the rear plastic parts back there tonight to clean real good....

So here is the problem.... how do I get the horrible gas station smell out of my truck!!

Febreeze?? Alot of Pine Scented Trees?? Any suggestions would help.

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts
Don't know if it actually works, but one of the example sounds very familar, as indicated below. . . .

"A couple weeks ago gasoline spilled in my car from a container I filled up to use with my lawnmower. It left the horrible odor of gasoline throughout the interior of the car and in the trunk. I have tried cleaning it repeatedly with detergent and water, Resolve carpet cleaner, and Febreze. Nothing worked and I was afraid that I'd just have to live with that smell. Worse yet, I was in the process of shopping for another car and thought I'd never be able to trade it in with that horrible smell. I found ZorbX online and decided to give it a chance. I got my order 2 days after placing it and much to my surprise after spraying the car out, the gasoline odor is completely gone!!! I am thrilled. The car has a clean fresh scent again thanks to ZorbX. The results are unbelievable and fast. Your product does exactly what it says and I will recommend it to everyone I know. Thanks again for such a wonderful product!"

http://www.zorbx.com/sections/company/testimonials.asp

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I take it that is not a direct quote from you..... but it is worth a try... it says that stuff is available at Lowes so i guess i will go pick some up.

·
on line
44 Posts
s e x terra imo try some arm and hammer baking soda, spread it out vacuume up, then leave some lay for a couple days, another product that will take skunk smell off a dog is scent a way. this is a product for hunting and can be found at any local gun/archery store, at least in ohio. good luck

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Do you know what "Pudussy" is sextera? That my friend, is how to get the smell of gasoline out of your car.

Id come back from class in college and my buddy/roomate would have dryer sheets on the back of a box fan..................First time i saw this i was like, "dude, what the hell are you wasting dryer sheets for?"

His reply............."To get rid of the Pudussy smell!!"

If you need an explanation as to what pudussy is and why it would help your truck, just pm me. I dont think it would be totaly appropriate to list it all here.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you mean Budussy!!!!

LOL, yeah i know what that means... I didnt even think of dryer sheets!!! that is a great idea.... I got rid of most of the gas smell but there is still a small stinch left over.... I think that would be the perfect solution... thanks.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i sound deadened everything behind the front seats with eDead. if you need some pics and a how-to of removing the panels, lemme know and ill post them.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pretty much have all the pannels ripped out already.... thanks for the offer though...

the smell is almost gone!!!!! Yeeaaaahhhhhh!!!!

·
on line
230 Posts
Unfortunately this happened to me in Baja. A NATO can was laying on its side(I know, it should have been upright) and the safety pin fell out, then the lever bounced around and wedged open. What a HUGE mess. Of course the way these trucks bottom out leads to that kind of thing...

Anyhow we detailed the car carefully, left the windows open for weeks, and eventually the smell went away. Gas evaporates quite easily, so it wont stay around forever.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mcampana said:
Id still be trying to mask the smell with some good ole home made pudussy. And its with a "P", not a "B"...............what the hell you thinkin?!
Well I know of Budussy... which is a combination of three things... the rear end (Butt) the front of a man (D***) and the front of a woman (P****). All put together make one pretty strong smell.... which is also known as "The Sex Smell."

What the heck is Pudussy??

lloyd Swartz said:
Anyhow we detailed the car carefully, left the windows open for weeks, and eventually the smell went away. Gas evaporates quite easily, so it wont stay around forever.
Well I have to say... I dont think i would be able to stand that smell for weeks.....

Luckily for me its gone now!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts