Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking into getting a new set of shoes.

I am torn between a few choices. I am going to stay stock size but I am looking at:

General Grapplers AT2
Nitto Dura Grappler
BFG Rugged Terrian T/A

I want something that gives a beefier look, a bit more grab, something nice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked at the kelly found them for about 225/tire a bit out of my price range looking to stay in the 150-180/tire range.

·
on line
1,431 Posts
Dakota Definity AT. Can usually find them at pep boys for buy 3 get 1 free.

·
on line
515 Posts
Hankook Dynapro ATms. You can get them for the same price as all others in your list.

General Grabber AT2s are nice, but in my experience get really loud as they age. Off-road tires all do this to a point, but these went past my tolerance for the traction/noise trade-off.

Nittos are nice; I have not run these personally but are similar in tread to the Toyos and the Hankooks.

I'd avoid the BFG Rugged "Trail, Terrain, Turf, Tofu, whatever". Nice looking tires to put on a new vehicle vehicle to sell it. Mediocre for what they are supposed to do. Sub-standard snow/ice traction, squirrly in the wet.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Looked at the kelly found them for about 225/tire a bit out of my price range looking to stay in the 150-180/tire range.
When I got mine a few years ago they were about 180 ea, plus mounting etc....

I have close to 50k miles on them now, and should get quite a few more, they seem like they will make 75-80k miles easily.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Terra Grapplers one instant buy 3 get 1 so 4 tires, road has program, alignment, mount and balance. $850 out the door!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts