Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck broke the front axle this past weekend. I am asking for any of you that have had this problem in the past to post a copy of your work order showing your truck fixed. This could help me and others with the fight with Nissan. If you can't post it you can also scan it and email it to me.

Thanks Matt

·
on line
15,651 Posts
TXterra37 said:
What kind of craziness were you doing to break your whole front axle!?
He doesn't have to be doing anything crazy to blow a front diff.

I can't give you the work order, but I can tell you that I got my front and rear diff replaced at Pittsburgh East Nissan in Monroeville (wilkins), PA.

Is your dealer denying the warranty?

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first one did and now the second one is sending pictures to corporate to find out if they will warranty it. I am just trying to get my ducks in a row. A thread on the web doesn't do much good but work orders from repaired trucks will.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aftermarket suspension components. At this time it only has TC UCA and blocks in the rear and stock wheels and tires.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish. I tried to explain to them that the only part of the axle that takes load from suspension angle is the CV joint not the splined end in the diff. It was as if I was talking to this computer.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Tell them you want in writing their reason for denying the warranty claim and tell them you want it detailed on how the aftermarket parts caused the failure.

This is your right and demanding this has actually helped a few people get their diffs covered.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have asked for that at the first dealer but my temper got the best of me and I lost my sh!t. Had I not left with my truck I would more than likely have more problems than a broken truck. I am trying to keep a level head this time around.

DBAX Yes the end of the axle broke off inside the spider gear in the diff.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DBAX said:
I'm trying now, Imageshack seems to be running reeal slow..
Thanks in advance. If it will not work by PM you could email them to me. My email should be under my profile.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those of you that have had yours fixed can call the dealer to get a copy of the work order if you don't have it. If we can post them some how it would not only help me now but others later. I am getting the feeling that Nissan is trying to crack down on the warranty end. First Lloyd, now me.

·
on line
230 Posts
Discussed the case with my lawyer today. We are going to find out if Nissan wants to make an example. We decided discovery will cost them 50-100,000 and require an entire staff of a legal firm....I LOVE this stuff :colors:

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Just for the record, my truck is now in the shop for it's second, count it, second front diff replacement.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
syndicate said:
Just for the record, my truck is now in the shop for it's second, count it, second front diff replacement.
Can you scan the work orders from the two replacements and send them to me or post them. If you don't have the first one the dealer can print you a copy. If people send them to me I will keep them for the next person who has a hard time getting theirs fixed and will give it to them to help the fight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts