Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased quick disconnects from AC, and tried installing them yesterday.
ran into a few problems. First the kit came with no instructions other than just to drill the hole mounts to half an inch. problem, the steel mounts were hard as sh!t to drill. the steel ate 4 drill bits. instead of the drill mounts getting bigger, the mount was disinegrating the bits, 4 of them got smaller because of this. 2nd. WHY in the world is the AC disconnects 3 in longer than stock!!! it doesn't fit right, does anyone know how to correct this, I should have pics tomorrow. but I would like to find this out before I start yelping off at AC. I hope i never have to buy from them again.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
They are probably longer because they are compatable with small lift kits and such. Im guessing that you really dont need instructions. I mean if you know what a sway bar is... an you know what quick disconnects do, there really shouldnt be too much to it. I could be wrong though. I would definitely like to see a picture of what you are talking about... its kindof hard to imagine it in my head. As for the drill bits, buy a high quality bit... my guess is that the bits you had were low quality. Get something in tungston... its one of the hardest natural materials on earth, so it should eat through steel and metal pretty well.

·
on line
807 Posts
You probably have HSS bits. I have a cheap set of Titanium bits from Harbor Freight that has been unstoppable. I have drilled LOTS of 3/8" and 1/2" steel and they are still as sharp as the day I bought them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts