Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2006 xterra is not starting. My wife drove it home from work into the garage and 3 hours later when we went to leave again the xterra wouldn't start. When you turned the ignition nothing, not a sound. the dash lights and warning light do come on. The battery is good and charged so any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
More info. Does it click at all. Is there a flashing key in the instrument cluster? Manual or automatic? Have you tried jumping it

First thoughts, dead battery (will usually click though). No click, then maybe neutral safety switch, or maybe the security key thing is stopping it from turning over - not sure how that works.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
make sure the connections to the battery are tight. its happened to me before, and a lot of other people have had the same issue. disconnect each terminal, clean off any corrosion, and reinstall nice and tight.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Take the connectors of the terminals and check for corrosion. Mine didn't this to me a few times even with a good battery.

edit: er.. i just realized that is exactly what Bliss said... my brain must be off ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts