Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have da extended radflos with spc control arms. Alignment in specs. Coils are set at about 3" of lift. Why am i getting a thud noise? The spc
Arm is not touching becuz we put white out all over the coil bucket and no contact marks. Also when installing we didnt need to take off the sway bar, does that mean i have shorter radflos?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats pretty BS. They never mention anything about cranking the coils up to 3" and creating no down travel. I wish i new that before. Now in order to get the amount of lift i want, i need to press out the bolts and buy a spacer. Thats pretty BS. They should put recommend only at 2" for adequet travel up and down.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
It is unfortunate that not everybody is up front about that sort of thing (on the other hand, everybody's gotta have a hustle), but if you think about it, it makes sense: if your shock is pre-set to its maximum travel, it has nowhere else to go. If you jump on a trampoline in a room that has a low ceiling, you're going to hit your head, but a shorter person might not, even if you stack something under the trampoline.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Another thing people done realize is you can only lift a stock xterra so Much. Doesn't matter what coils you have

2-3-4-5 inches of lift doesn't matter

At 3 inches of lift you have no down travel cause stuff starts to bind. Your UCA ball joint, lower ball joint. Sway bar bushings.

I personally would only go 2 inches of lift on non ts xterras

That will give you even up and down travel with decent coilovers

If you want the lift and travel you have to tswap

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
3,171 Posts
2.5-3" is actually not that bad. At 3 my bucket contact was only on speed bumps, and the front did still lift up a bit when I put the pedal to the floor, but the front eventually settle down closer to 2.5. I've since swapped out my OEMs and spacer for some Rancho coilovers and they brought me back up a few hairs and no contact or binding.

With the sagging OEM coils, bigger tires, and now new coilovers, I'm not even sure what my lift height is anymore compared to what it was stock :p

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i'm running OEM coils on bils 5100s with the PRG 2" lift spacer with TC UCAs, was using oem OR suspension with the spacer before.

i wasn't able to fully extend the front suspension (the bumpstops on the ucas didn't contact the coil bucket) until i removed the front swaybar. If you want to use the oem front sway, you'll need to get the extended swaybar endlinks, as the factory ones are too short for full extension even at 2" of lift with a spacer on stock coilovers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well got my extended bolts from nisstec and 1" lift plate. Very dissappointed. Threading of the new bolts did not fit through top radflo plate. And also the head of the bolt wouldnt fit either. They were both different one was metric and other was standard probably thats why they didnt fit. Had my friend machine drill straight through to allow the threads to fit then just slightly grind the head of the bolt so it can be properly pressed in. Thank got i didnt do it myself.. He told me he was gonna do it for free be ause it was suppose to be a straight press out and press in new bolts. Paid him a little for the labor and trouble. Thank god it fixed my thud. Lowered it down same size as the spacer and rebounds wonderful. Spent so mich for this damn little 2.5" lift. Radflos might be for sale soon to get my out of debt hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
44 Posts
you have me scared now....I have a 2'' spacer in the front and just spend $600 on bilstiens and UCAs in hopes that would solve my bucket contact thud I got riding over speed bumps. Now Im worried about the sway bar...crap.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
There will always be something (sway bar, CBC, shock extention.....) that limits travel and goes "thunk" when you hit a big enough bump and changing parts will just stop that part being the issue and move it to something else. Even the hugely modified rigs need limiting straps that probably cause a noise if they drop a wheel off a ledge.

Fix the bumps that happen daily (typically cbc) but you'll never get rid of them all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since its been brought up and Im too lazy to search the forums....Is it really going to be terrible to just remove front and rear sway? Or is going to be like wrestling a monkey when I drive on the highway?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts