Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my shrock rear tire carrier today and put it on tonight. Went together somewhat easily, but had a few small issues. Had to file the holes out for the huge bolt, the swing arm doesn't rest on the pad on the drivers side so I have to push down on it for the latch to grab. My high lift doesn't fit next to my Gobi ladder either, not sure what I do with the high lift now, and the cb antenna hole is huge so now I have to find some sort of mount to attach my cb antenna. The light for the license plate looks different and the light he gave me doesn't fit in the round hole either.

Anyone have any suggestions.

·
on line
9,791 Posts
ahhh, yeah, you need to shift the ladder further to the pass side. when i put my ladder on, i never peeled back the doublesided tape.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I don't have a Gobi ladder but I understand that there is a specific one for use with a Shrock rear tire-carrier bumper. From what I've seen & heard, it has a more pronounced right side bend/bias to allow clearance for a Hi-lift jack. Is that the ladder you have?
I'm interested because I have a maxterra bumper that is very similar to the Shrock & would/will have the same or similar issue with a Hi-lift jack once a ladder is added.

·
on line
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a Gobi ladder but I understand that there is a specific one for use with a Shrock rear tire-carrier bumper. From what I've seen & heard, it has a more pronounced right side bend/bias to allow clearance for a Hi-lift jack. Is that the ladder you have?
I'm interested because I have a maxterra bumper that is very similar to the Shrock & would/will have the same or similar issue with a Hi-lift jack once a ladder is added.
Yeah that's the ladder I have. The cut out looks ok, I just can't fit the hi lift next to it and close it.

·
on line
6,136 Posts
I had to remove a Gobi ladder once to modify it so that it would not interfere with a Calmini roof rack as much. I milled off some of the ridiculous height of that needless flange on the top of the ladder and then notched the roof rack so that the rear hatch could open and close all the way. That flange flange is not a good design element. The ladder itself is a good product except for that needless flange but thats another issue then the one you bring up.

You will need to buy some more double sided tape to install the ladder where you want it. Buy 3M, its good stuff.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I used the one of the lights from the stock bumper and mounted it to the light tab on the shrock bumper, the cb tab is to large, I used a beehive type cb mount, worked perfect! I'd post some pics but on at work on my iPad! If you want I can post some pics later? Or PM me!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used the one of the lights from the stock bumper and mounted it to the light tab on the shrock bumper, the cb tab is to large, I used a beehive type cb mount, worked perfect! I'd post some pics but on at work on my iPad! If you want I can post some pics later? Or PM me!
Posted via Mobile Device
Pm'd you

·
on line
2,865 Posts
are youguys happy with the tire carrier? thinking about doing this so i can install a dual out exhaust later- plus it looks cool.

;-)

·
on line
4,576 Posts
can you take off the tire carrier and just use the regular bumper? I am considering this to be my solution for the summer when i have a bike rack on the back the whole time...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts