Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wondering if someone is doing another mod day soon. I got in on the shrockworks GB for a bumper and it should be here in about 2-3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone can help with the install, from what i hear it is quite a heavy! I can bring beer and pizza of couse :drink:

I can drive anywhere within a two hours of hampton roads. Let me know!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Front or rear bumper? Not that it matters. I was just curious. WE can do it at my place in richmond. Some of us are going to nXm in TN the weekend of September 20th. However, before or after that weekend is good. I am sure we can get a couple fo other members to show up and help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx, whatever works with you guys! Like I said still waiting on it. It's the front bumper for now.
I am expecting it next month based on there projected timeline..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
ok Let us know when you get the bumper and we will schedule a mod day right away.
totally slipping in a brewery visit as well - two birds with one stone.

laxsrdude - looked up RVA to Roanoke just for kicks, thats a hike for us RVA members. There are few guys I think (I know of atleast one) out your way however. Also, there have been rumblings in the past of doing a wheeling trip in that general direction as well. Going to have to look into setting something up soon.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
You can do that? Wait - in all seriousness, there are people that do that for you? I mean I would still do it myself cause I don't trust many people with the MX. For some reason I just thought that was something you had to do or have someone help you do. Mind = Blown.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
in all seriousness, I just found out that you can take our rigs to shops to have them put in the aftermarket pieces. I knew pros do it for racing and sponsered events, didn't know that the Average Joe person had access to the same sort of service. I just always assumed we all had to do it ourselves, lol!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I mean I work at a car dealership and we sell nissans, so I just talked to our best tech. to make sure he could do it. Got most of it done. A little disappointed in nisstec. Bought the front cam bolts and never got them. Thanksfully we had some in stock in parts. Also got the wrong spacer. so now its undrivable until atleast tuesday.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have my PRG Adv kit and my White Knuckle Sliders on the way, I'll watch out for a mod day. Or maybe at my place? I have a ton of room to work and air tools available...

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I mean I work at a car dealership and we sell nissans, so I just talked to our best tech. to make sure he could do it. Got most of it done. A little disappointed in nisstec. Bought the front cam bolts and never got them. Thanksfully we had some in stock in parts. Also got the wrong spacer. so now its undrivable until atleast tuesday.
Reach out to them! Nisstec is awesome and that doesn't sound like them at all. I'm sure they will square it away for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
918 Posts
I recently installed white knuckle sliders for another member. It is fairly easy. I haven't done the PRG kit but i willing to give it a shot. If you have plenty of room and air tools then we can do it at your place.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I recently installed white knuckle sliders for another member. It is fairly easy. I haven't done the PRG kit but i willing to give it a shot. If you have plenty of room and air tools then we can do it at your place.

HAHAHA sounds like it will be a very busy day indeed...might need to bring more beer :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good news, I got a brand new sleak and sexy shrockworks bumper today!! Super stoked!! I have to empty out the X and put that 200lb behemoth in the back haha, let me know when the next mod day is ;)!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My sliders will be here the 23rd, then I have to get them painted before they go on. I'll be putting them on at my place hopefully the weekend of the 28th. Also thinking about a BTF diff cover... Anyone else need a mod day?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts