Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I could use some info, how do you take off the Stock rear view mirror??? I'm trying to install an auto-dim/compass one and I can't get the stock "S" one off. I've looked at the how to for the other rear view and doesn't show how to get this one off.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If I am not mistaken you use a small screw driver to lift up on a slip.

Let me see if it says in the service manual.

Nope, the service manual doesn't really give you any info.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I found it, thanks to that service manual. The only thing I can't find is where to run the wiring for the auto-dim/compass feature. Any idea where? I'm sitting in my X right now trying to figure this one out. Again any help would be aweseom guys, thanks.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
For just the power I would tap into the dome light.

Although, that would mean it was always on. Maybe run the wire down and tap into the ignition only power outlet.

How does the directions say to wire it?

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the directions, just the service manual for the X. I bought this a couple of months ago from another member when I was in the desert, but now that I'm back, I get to install stuff on the X, and this is my first part that I'm installing today.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, but the info says go to the fuse box, and it is way different then the '05, I think I'm going to stuff the wiring up in the headliner for now, and keep looking around for a spot to wire it to. If anyone has any more info let me know, thanks Muzikman and XVTer for you help thus far.

·
on line
551 Posts
We had one installed on the X when we bought it, and as I recall the wiring is already there stuffed in the headliner or by the dome light.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't see anything up there, mine is an '05 S model, not sure if they had it up there. There are two wires, both black one with a red stripe and the other just plain black, now I'm assuming that the one with the red stripe is the positive, and the other would be the ground.

Now I found this over on the XOC and the 7th and 8th pics show 2 different wires for power I think, so I was going to give that a shot today.
Click here

Anyone else with info?

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HA!!!!
Got it, took a little reading and buying some stuff at RadioShack, but I got it done.
Next mods: Calmini Spacer/Shackle, TheNewX.org sticker, XOC sticker, and BFG stickers. I'll get pics up when I'm done with those.

Thanks all that helped me out.
:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts