Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck failed inspection because my PRG 3" AAL is cracked clear in two on both sides of the truck. I can't really afford Alcans right now. What's the best fix for this so I can get it passed?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My truck failed inspection because my PRG 3" AAL is cracked clear in two on both sides of the truck. I can't really afford Alcans right now. What's the best fix for this so I can get it passed?
Thanks
Remove them?

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I just didn't want to be driving around with my nose in the air and butt sagging.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ok thanks, I just didn't want to be driving around with my nose in the air and butt sagging.
How dare you bring my sister into this conversation!

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thought I'd give an update on this. Rather than spend a bunch on new Alcans or a new AAL we took a set of springs from a 68' Jeep Commando and cut them down to the same length as my AAL was and problem solved. It actually rides much better now. My dad said it's because it has a little bit of Jeep in it now. He's a HUGE Jeep fan.

And on another note, I'll never buy anything off PRG again. Those leaves in his AAL were not much more than rot iron. Here's how they looked when I took them off.

Here are the Commando springs we put in.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I know you a pissed that they broke but PRG doesn't have anything to do with it man. I'm pretty sure those are the same Deaver brand that Nisstec and the like sell as well. I think the moisture is what helped kill ya man.

On a side note, you poor bastards rust so much worse than we do on the west! I'm shocked every time I see a pic. My Deaver AAL has dirt on them and some wear on the pads but look like new still:dontknow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts