Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used m226 to swap into my "S" I have the vin on it only information is giving me is that it is out of a 2012 Nissan Xterrra 4.0 long term collecting parts for TS so I will be putting a m205 in front as well. Question is does this m226 have the elocker in it or that to be purchased separate and installed?

·
on line
10,980 Posts
It may or it may not ... someone who can access the VIN information (like our resident parts guru, jerseyparts) may be able to decode the model info ... that's what you really need.

If you can get that from the seller (what model - Offroad or not & what Trans it had - the axle came out of ... alternatively, if they still have the vehicle, they can give you the axle code off of the door tag), we can help you determine if it's got the locker and what ratio it is.

I haven't played around with VIN decoding too much for our trucks, but it's possible you could decipher the info yourself if that info is cataloged somewhere ... it may even be buried here on TNX, but I can't point to it directly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gears are 3.36, I have been on phone with them multiple times called nissan as well to figure out what model it came out of.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
If you're 100% sure it has 3.36:1 gears, then it will also have an e-locker ... the only trucks that have that ratio are the Offroad/Pro-4X models with automatic transmissions. The only m226 trucks without lockers are the NON-Offroad/Pro-4X models that have manual transmissions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i thought through all the research i have been doing. The guy barely speaks english and its making me slightly nervous that I am getting the correct information out of him. brand new has 1000 miles on it and 1200 bucks don't want to pass on it just because there was confusion and it ends up being correct part. Thanks for your fast responses!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts