Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i was jumping my battery and i clipped the positive to the positive side of the battery and here is the kicker i clipped the negative to the top of the engine, some bracket thing and when i started it, the whole truck just died and i mean no electrical life what so ever...what happened? HELP PLEASE....

·
on line
246 Posts
Pop the fuse panel off (it's on the driver's side; you'll have to open the door to see it. It's were the dash and the door come together.) and check all of the fuses. If I remember right there is also a fuse panel in the glove box. It's been a while since I had my '95 S-10. Best way to find all of the fuses is the owners manual, so look through there. Chances are you popped the ECU fuse, so I would start there. When jumping, connect the negative to the body or the core support.

A good place to go for s-series related topics/problems/ ect. is at s-seriesforum. http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/index.php
Of all the s-series websites I was a member on I liked this place the best. Still frequent the site to read the off-topic and what GM is up to.... and the Sonoma GT 0334 project.... twin turbo 4.3 V6, custom everything. Tube chassis in the rear, custom dash, firewall, wheel wells, bed, you name it. Not one piece on that truck is factory. :jerk:

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terdar said:
Pop the fuse panel off (it's on the driver's side; you'll have to open the door to see it. It's were the dash and the door come together.) and check all of the fuses. If I remember right there is also a fuse panel in the glove box. It's been a while since I had my '95 S-10. Best way to find all of the fuses is the owners manual, so look through there. Chances are you popped the ECU fuse, so I would start there. When jumping, connect the negative to the body or the core support.

A good place to go for s-series related topics/problems/ ect. is at s-seriesforum. http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/index.php
Of all the s-series websites I was a member on I liked this place the best. Still frequent the site to read the off-topic and what GM is up to.... and the Sonoma GT 0334 project.... twin turbo 4.3 V6, custom everything. Tube chassis in the rear, custom dash, firewall, wheel wells, bed, you name it. Not one piece on that truck is factory. :jerk:
thank you for the help, i will check it out tomorrow...since i bought the X the wife is been asking me to sell the truck, im just having a hard time parting with it...and its only been a week.......

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got out this morning and just for the heck of it i decided to jump it again, and guess what, i got it started. dont know what happened, but im a happy camper again...thanks for the responds...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts