Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

I was replacing a cam position sensor this week end and the connect self destructed. It will go on the sensor, but will not lock, even when I pop the "release button" out manually with a screw driver. Right now, I have it RTV'd in place, but I don't trust it and need to replace the connecter before I get stranded...

Any ideas on where to get a pigtail?

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any way to keep it on with a Ziptie? I've has to do that with busted connectors on lots of rigs.
There is no way to get a zip tie in there as widest part of the engine sits flush on the head. I do have it jury rigged with RTV. I plan of fixing it correctly. Right now my only option seems like cutting it out of someone else's harness...lol.

Does this style of connector have a name? Right now I'm searchin randomly for 3 pin harness pigtails and I see every type of connection except the one I need.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
You can stop looking now, Nissan owns and designs their own connectors so that no one can reproduce them without paying them a royalty.

Now, there are 2 camshaft sensors and 1 crankshaft sensor on that truck, I need to know which one you broke.
We have special connectors for these, but they ARE Expensive, I have seen the connectors go for close to $75.00 each.
Just so you know, and don't shoot the messenger if I give you bad news.....

Brian

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can stop looking now, Nissan owns and designs their own connectors so that no one can reproduce them without paying them a royalty.

Now, there are 2 camshaft sensors and 1 crankshaft sensor on that truck, I need to know which one you broke.
We have special connectors for these, but they ARE Expensive, I have seen the connectors go for close to $75.00 each.
Just so you know, and don't shoot the messenger if I give you bad news.....

Brian
Thanks Brian, I need the passenger side Cam position sensor, bank 1 i believe its called. Don't worry, any angst will be directed towards Nissan, not the messenger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts