Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fluid leaking from the passenger side wheel well, and I cant find the source. There's a lot of fluid. Anyone know where this might be coming from?

I thought it might be SMOD but I checked the tranny dipstick and it looked fine, dirty but not milky.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happened like two months ago, and then it stopped. But now it has been dripping over the last couple days, only on drives over 25 minutes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just went outside and took of my radiator cap, its the same.
Why would my radiator fluid look like that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what I didn't want to hear. Guess I'm going to the stealership to see what they say.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Exactly what I didn't want to hear. Guess I'm going to the stealership to see what they say.
Have it towed. Don't drive! You may still be able to save the tranny now, but lose that ability in a few more miles. Play it safe. A $75 tow could save you $3-4,000.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Milkshakes get your milkshakes here!
Man I feel this summer is strawberry milkshake season. Thread after thread. Sorry to hear

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Have it towed. Don't drive! You may still be able to save the tranny now, but lose that ability in a few more miles. Play it safe. A $75 tow could save you $3-4,000.
Posted via Mobile Device
We first noticed it at mod day in the middle of July but were unable to find a source. He then drove it 80+ miles home. Granted he has been out of town without the X for the past month.

Guess you know what the shake and shudder was the other day. Again, sorry man.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Milkshakes get your milkshakes here!
Man I feel this summer is strawberry milkshake season. Thread after thread. Sorry to hear
Bummer for sure. With all the threads I keep saying let this be a reminder, bypass NOW! But people keep thinking it won't happen to them, and don't... If you see this post, and get SMOD next week, shame on you. Just saying...

Op hope the remedy is being able to save the Tranny with a lot of flushing. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same problem at 80, 000 miles on my 06. I did a drain, refill, bypass and then drove it to a local transmission shop and paid $250 to flush the system. They told me $5500 to rebuild the transmission. I said ill drive it till the wheels fall off then buy a used transmission and replace it myself. Im currently at 109, 000 miles still going strong. Its worth a try to do a proper flush before u sink that kind of money in it. Also I noticed the x shifting funny, only sometimes, for a few months prior to discovering SMOD. Aside from some gears holding a little longer before they shift i've had no issues. I still tow with it and everythings holding up fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts