Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on Saturday night and my dash lights were blinking, the odometer was zeroing out and there was a high pitched beep when this was happening. I shut off the truck and then it hasn't done that since then. WTF is this???

Thanks!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
As replied to on XOC:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the crazy nextgen X dash. Yours seems worse then others. However, one possible problem is in the wiring harness at the steering wheel. Try tilting the wheel with the X on and see if it repeats.

Other's have had their instrutment panel replaced.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Well...what kind of driving were you doing prior to this.

You might want to check your electrical connections at the battery terminals. Clean and tighten.

·
on line
844 Posts
best bet is to hit the dash with a rolled up magazine and yell at it, but you have to catch it right when it's doing that or it'll never learn.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --This is SAGE advice--

dragonplayboy said:
best bet is to hit the dash with a rolled up magazine and yell at it, but you have to catch it right when it's doing that or it'll never learn.
--Do it at night and Just don't use the Sunday paper--

-- :drunken: :drunken: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,479 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
:sign5:

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dragonplayboy said:

Your're funny!

thanks for the info, but it is frustrating that it did it Saturday night and not since then.

·
on line
376 Posts
spikheel said:
dragonplayboy said:

Your're funny!

thanks for the info, but it is frustrating that it did it Saturday night and not since then.
My OD resets it's self all the time GRRRRRRRRRRR

·
on line
279 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
:toothy10:

·
on line
132 Posts
05XOR said:

You might want to check your electrical connections at the battery terminals. Clean and tighten.
What kind of driving were you doing prior to this? I would say chek the connections as well. There's a DIY clean battery terminal in the Xterra manual. Peep it out.

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MidnightX said:
05XOR said:

What kind of driving were you doing prior to this? I would say chek the connections as well. There's a DIY clean battery terminal in the Xterra manual. Peep it out.
I was driving in town to get on the freeway, but it started making the beeping noise before I got on the freeway. I was only doing 35 on the city streets and then 70 on the freeway.

·
on line
6 Posts
Annoying high pitched noise from dash cluster

I have had the same problem over here with that noise and one time i stopped it (momentarily) by turning the post that comes out of the dash.(the one you would use to reset trip odometer/adjust dash lights) Very annoying sound indeed.:mad: I am also wondering if you've looked into what the fix on this might cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts